THE OFFICIAL MCANDREW PSU-CMU GAME THREAD!

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
OMG - A CMU drop!
Of the starting QBs 26 completions, at least 13 were one-handed, awkward, or almost circus catches. That's how it felt at least.

K. Allen can't be allowed to set foot back in Florida for another 3 years. He's too good...can't take the chance!!

He's actually a Virginia kid who played for IMG. So probably no worries. His running style works better against teams stacking the box without us showing all the cards.

Reactions: hapval8286

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

Reactions: BW Lion

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
IMO, it's your typical sandwich game against a MAC team. Didn't really show any wrinkles and it was a workmanlike effort to get the win (maybe a bit too workmanlike). Only concern is that the defense keeps putting things on tape of how to beat them. We may have a really good cover secondary but the underneath stuff is constantly there.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
IMO, it's your typical sandwich game against a MAC team. Didn't really show any wrinkles and it was a workmanlike effort to get the win (maybe a bit too workmanlike). Only concern is that the defense keeps putting things on tape of how to beat them. We may have a really good cover secondary but the underneath stuff is constantly there.

Strange game. We come out guns blazing. Force punt, TD drive, INT, another TD drive within the first 8 minutes.

Then we let them circus catch us underneath for 15 minutes straight and it's a tie game.

I feel like we began the liberal subbing very early, perhaps too early. I know these guys are not better than Auburn. I wouldn't say we slept walked, but we were not in sync for 40 minutes of the game.

UGA seemed to play like crap today. They had 3 turnovers the last I checked. One thing about us, we aren't turning the ball over. That's underrated in a game like today.

dcf4psu

Oct 25, 2021
A dud of a game but after starting the season with two tough road games out of the first three probably not totally unexpected. But they won, had a 100yd rusher and forced multiple turnovers again.

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
A dud of a game but after starting the season with two tough road games out of the first three probably not totally unexpected. But they won, had a 100yd rusher and forced multiple turnovers again.
...and said 100 yards rusher accumulated the yards with consistent positive plays; it was not a stat line of over 100 with 12 minimal gains / losses and 2 especially long runs. The long runs are certainly great...but in this case so is the fact that there was some consistency.

VaDave4PSU

Oct 12, 2021
...and said 100 yards rusher accumulated the yards with consistent positive plays; it was not a stat line of over 100 with 12 minimal gains / losses and 2 especially long runs. The long runs are certainly great...but in this case so is the fact that there was some consistency.

Very efficient outing from Allen. 8 ypc with no 40+ type TD is impressive. I like how the staff is rolling with the hot hand with the 2 RBs. Take what the defense is giving ya and get behind the pony that gets rolling.

Strange with another solid day. 5/42/2 TDs. He's becoming a great 3rd down and red zone target.

Bones80

Oct 19, 2021
Liked:
Turnovers
Pass breakups
Zero second half points for Chips
Running by Allen
Weather forecast
Disliked:
Oline not pushing a Mac team around in run game
Dropped passes
Inconsistent passing and not seeing open receivers
Giving up big plays on third down

liked most 1-0

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Yes, very concerned about the underneath stuff. It has been a problem for several years.

Reactions: PSUHammering1

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Glad for the PSU win. I knew there would be a let down after Auburn game. Always is for big games like that. Would have liked the oline to take over a little bit more. RBs had a good day. Defense is really turning it on with turnovers. I love seeing true freshmen getting all this playing time. PSU is going to be very strong the next few years and deep. A lot of young talent with experience. Allar is getting so many reps I am excited with his development. Ball comes out with velocity yet catchable for receivers. This is trending in the right direction

Latest posts