The worst contract ever conceived by man

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Sometimes those buyouts are discounted by the value of your next contract. Do we know if that’s the case here?

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sometimes those buyouts are discounted by the value of your next contract. Do we know if that’s the case here?
I've read it's not. And to make the contract even worse, if Jimbo leaves A&M for another job, he owes them $0.

Capt Croom

Sep 18, 2022
What I don’t understand is, is there not a set of checks and balances on these contract negotiations? Who all has to approve this contract before it is signed? Fire them all.

Reactions: patdog

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Calling it now.

A&M cans Jimbo mid-season next year after they start 3-4...

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 8.44.11 AM.png

Then they go all in on Urban Meyer, because... Well, let's face it, they are that oafish.

Urban gets them all pumped up, comes in saying all the right things, and before his first fall practice he gets busted smoking meth with a crackwhore in Houston. Luckily Urban gets paid out in full (as much if not more than Jimbo) because as insisted by Urban's agent, Bjork and the power brokers agreed to not put a morality clause in the contract.

2024 will have the Aggies starting the season with an interim head coach and $160 million lighter in the pocket book from Jimbo's and Urban's buyouts. They will blame it all on the fact that Texas is coming to the SEC.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Calling it now.

A&M cans Jimbo mid-season next year after they start 3-4...

View attachment 242566

Then they go all in on Urban Meyer, because... Well, let's face it, they are that oafish.

Urban gets them all pumped up, comes in saying all the right things, and before his first fall practice he gets busted smoking meth with a crackwhore in Houston. Luckily Urban gets paid out in full (as much if not more than Jimbo) because as insisted by Urban's agent, Bjork and the power brokers agreed to not put a morality clause in the contract.

2024 will have the Aggies starting the season with an interim head coach and $160 million lighter in the pocket book from Jimbo's and Urban's buyouts. They will blame it all on the fact that Texas is coming to the SEC.
I think they start off 5-0 on their way to a 8-4 regular season. At some point, they are going to pull the trigger and throw ridiculous money at somebody. If Kiffen finishes strong this year and has a good year next year, I think there's a good chance they offer to overpay him by a lot. I don't think he'll love the idea of A&M, and think it would probably be the least desirable job out of the schools with the money to pay him and provide significant NIL resources to poach him, but I think it will be too good for him to pass up in hopes that UTex, Bama, UF, UGA, etc. offer him a job.

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
What I don’t understand is, is there not a set of checks and balances on these contract negotiations? Who all has to approve this contract before it is signed? Fire them all.
that's assuming one has their best wishes in mind, i like the process and personnel currently in place.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Y'all remember back in the day when everybody was freaking out over JWS being the 1st college coach to get a $1M per year contract at A&M?

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
I really think they fire him this season. 100% guaranteed means he’s getting the money regardless. That money is spent. The true cost is the next coach’s buyout and salary over the remaining years. If Bjork doesn’t get canned, they hire Urban. If a smarter AD is hired, they hire Lane. I think Lane’s buyout is $12 mil. He’d take 5 years at $8 mil and there in a much better situation.

edited to add that they aren’t waiting to install a new coach the same year Texas and Oklahoma join. The sooner they can get someone in to start changing things the better.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
Well, they have a board of regents. That means there are 10-12 imbeciles making their decisions. gives me a lot of faith they’ll continue to 17 up.

ETA: these are the same ppl that tried to take the app state pep rally video down all over the internet.

Last edited:

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
That buy-out description, assuming it's legit and without knowing any specifics, incentivizes the employer to use every means necessary to trigger "for cause" bases for termination that void the buy-out requirements.