This place is about to be Deadsville, USA

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Actually, we have a Gamecock sports board here. It could be pared back so as to exclude anything not related to Gamecocks and sports BOTH.
There are Gamecock Women's sports and Title IX is certainly relevant to them.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
Would love to have an investment forum. I know some would like to have a political forum. I like politics too. But from my experience, that topic causes a lot of ill-will. Rather than looking at the opposite opinion as differences of thought, it's looked at as coming from a hated enemy. It makes the verbal back and forths between Carolina and Clemson fans look like a kumbaya lovefest. That's not good. That's why I'm sure political talk gets deleted here. It's the same thing on a paid investment site I'm on. They delete political talk. Politics has more of a relationship with investments than it does with sports. The subject of making money, on the other hand, is unifying (that's why I suggest an investment forum).
I love a good political debate as much as the next guy, but sometimes, we all just need to get away from it. If I'm looking for politics, I have a lot of other places I could go that are better suited to it. I come here looking for other things.

I like a good off-topic discussion now and then, especially during the slow off-season. If I pop into a thread on here about deer hunting or golf, it's usually a pretty informed discussion between people who either have some experience with the subject or genuinely want to learn more about it. It's very rare that those threads get hijacked by somebody who is completely clueless about the subject - and they virtually never devolve into personal attacks. Not so with the political discussions, at least not here.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
True. We don't decide anything here but we do discuss most anything.
But not everything is a good fit for a sports board. Some people, I among them, enjoy a respite from polemics. If I want to engage in political debate, there are plenty of other places I can do it. However, I was educated as to the futility of that exercise a long time ago.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I would agree on distancing the political debate, and have often said the idea of a separate forum could do the trick.

That being said, I think the title IX thread involved all college sports, and was pertinent.

Reactions: Prestonyte

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
I would agree on distancing the political debate, and have often said the idea of a separate forum could do the trick.

That being said, I think the title IX thread involved all college sports, and was pertinent.
Exactly

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

The Title IX issue stands to have a massive impact on college sports. The fact that we happen to be really good at girl's basketball would, I think, make the discussion all the more relevant for our fans.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
This is not a political issue.
It's a women's sports issue which should be a concern for all women who value the rights they worked so hard to establish, as well as the men who support women and their rights.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Actually, we have a Gamecock sports board here. It could be pared back so as to exclude anything not related to Gamecocks and sports BOTH.
Even then, from time to time, politics meets Gamecock sports. For example, Dawn's comments on women's sports and the BYU game cancellation awhile back. Those topics should be fair game for a Gamecock sports forum (as long as they stay reasonably civil).

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Even then, from time to time, politics meets Gamecock sports. For example, Dawn's comments on women's sports and the BYU game cancellation awhile back. Those topics should be fair game for a Gamecock sports forum (as long as they stay reasonably civil).
Already addressed and retired.

Benjdan

Joined Mar 4, 2007
Feb 19, 2022
I’ve got a good topic for you. So I decided not to attend either of the baseball games Saturday in favor of watching them from our local bars with a few old friends. Seems like this should have been a fairly simple outing. Option #1 Salty Nut. Online said less busy than usual. Interesting, lets go. Well that changed by the time we got there. A bunch of College kids, go figure but the New Jersey crowd was thick and all they had on TV was professional sports. Not to mention we never got service (drinks). WTF was that about? We left after 10 minutes or so and like idiots decided Home Team would be better. Not my first time making this mistake, I do love their food. So here we are immersed by foreigners, seriously none of them looked like they were from around here, in a jam packed establishment and wouldn’t you know it….. Only professional sports on. So at this point I’m verbally expressing my confusion of in what world do two 5 point establishments not have the game on TV? How could this be? Who are these people that are ok with this? Ahh yes, back to the Jersey license plates. Luckily I pulled my head out my arse and realized that what should have been my #1 pick was just up Devine street. I won’t mention the name in fear of Jerseys seeing this but it had the game on and the beer was great. Day was saved!
Anyways, long story short, I’m ready for the semester to end and these foreign kids go home.

• Haha
Reactions: will110

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Basketball is over.
Basketball is over.
Spring camp is over (not that anyone cared anyway).
Baseball is just aight.
No great recruiting stories.

Even when there are things to talk about, conversation is pretty sparse most days.

Queue up the political discussion! Or maybe something will happen with the ACC/FSU issue. That has generated more interest among our fans than almost anything Gamecock-related.
OK. Sellars for Heisman. Will that work?

Latest posts