This week's PSU BOT Newsletter

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
Meanwhile, the typical Penn State tailgate:

Nitwit

Oct 12, 2021
I often take issue with your arguments but not this time. Good work. I would just add that since high school kids aren’t really deciding to go between PSU and Iowa. Nebraska, Minnesota, MSU, and the other Big10 western universities, Most kids go to college within 3 hours of their home. I’d rather see how PSU ranks among its state university competitors such as Delaware, West Virginia, Pitt. Temple, The SUNY schools, and maybe some larger Ohio universities like Miami of Ohio, and the Ohio University. These are more relevant to Pennsylvania high school kids than Nebraska and those others I listed. I suspect the story is the same but I’d like to see the numbers if you have them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrs516 and Train027

PSU73

Oct 12, 2021
They will need to hire a number of consultants and staff to get at the bottom of this issue. tic

Great work Barry!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bison13

Train027

Nov 1, 2021
Some will blame Pennsylvania taxpayers for not sending more tax money to Penn State.

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
Penn State's actions screams of desperation. And it seems that the football field is not the only place that Ohio State outperforms Penn State.

PSUFTG2

Jul 1, 2023
Hi Barry. I read a letter from a member of PS4RS to the BOT requesting the removal of Ali Krieger from the board for neglecting her duties as a member of the board. Is it true that she has been absent at 12 consecutive BOT meetings?
Since Krieger was elected, there have been 3 full Board meetings.
I would have to go back and check on the number of other meetings - committee meetings, the Board retreat, etc. I do not know (OTTOMH) if that total number is more or less than 12. But whatever number that is, I haven't seen her at any of them.