Thoughts on Joe Sealey?

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
I haven’t seen any threads devoted to him, although I could have just missed them. Any idea what Cael and Penn State coaches think about him.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I haven’t seen any threads devoted to him, although I could have just missed them.

Any idea what Cael and Penn State coaches think about him.

1) it's illegal for him to talk about recruits until after signing day, and 2) even if he had some leeway with that rule, it's not his MO to share that info. Sometimes, we learn small details from the prospect/prospect's family/prospect's coach speaking to someone that goes public with some details, but that's the exception.

Reactions: Got GSPs

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I haven’t seen any threads devoted to him, although I could have just missed them. Any idea what Cael and Penn State coaches think about him.
Tom nailed it with the historical context of people discussing his abilities. Clearly an exceptional wrestler, but there are a lot of variables. How much will he grow, will he fit into the line-up, does he want a full ride or is he willing to take a partial. Cael is looking for guys who will fit the program.....not everyone will, which is fine.

Reactions: Got GSPs and LB99

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
1) it's illegal for him to talk about recruits until after signing day,
Thanks for linking the other threads. I did search first, but must have limited the search to the subject line.

As for your first point, I'm well aware of the rules about coaches discussing recruits. I guess maybe I should have said what is the general interest in Joe Sealey. He seems to have a great resume, but not much talk about him here (other than the three threads or four if you include this thread).

Reactions: Hlstone

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
A couple things came out about Sealey recently:

1. He's transferring from Seminary to one of the Florida wrestling schools this year, apparently for financial reasons. (Note that Sealey is from North Carolina.)

2. Willie and Sealey's dad are not fans of each other.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Latest posts