2022 PA States

J.E.B

Oct 30, 2021
Just a guess but I think it's unlikely.

If no other reason, just look at the potential size of next year's class:
Committed: Nasdeo, Davis, Barr
Being recruited: Kasak, McGowan, Shapiro, Mullen

After that potential haul in the 2023 class there doesn’t appear to be room for a Harer, Manville, Lawrence, and or Kinney in 2024?

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
After that potential haul in the 2023 class there doesn’t appear to be room for a Harer, Manville, Lawrence, and or Kinney in 2024?
We always get somebody, so we'll get someone in 2024, just a matter of who.

Regarding those names:
- Harer: A lot of variables -- what weight is he? Do Levi and Facundo both go up? Do we get Shapiro, and is he a 149 or a 157? We'll see. IMO he fits the mold, but the logistics have to thread a needle.
- Manville: Who knows, Mason ROTC/Greco, Carson not on the team at Penn Tech ... I think we'll get him if he wants to wrestle D1 or wants to focus on Greco. I also don't think PSU will push for him -- we'll always be there kind of situation.
- Lawrence: we might dip a toe in the water, but I don't think we'll push for him. In good shape with Facundo and Barr.
- Kinney: I think we'll pursue him if we don't get Mullen. But he might rather play football.

Seminary has 2 strong options: SO 152 Joe Sealey, and FR 182 Jude Correa (though I'd expect him to grow to 197, maybe even HWT).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Cael goes light in 2024 and then goes loaded for bear in 2025, which has more big names (Desmond, Perry, Shaw, Rath, Austin Johnson, PJ Duke, Anthony Knox, Leo DeLuca, Correa, etc.).

Hlstone

Oct 11, 2021
We always get somebody, so we'll get someone in 2024, just a matter of who.

Regarding those names:
- Harer: A lot of variables -- what weight is he? Do Levi and Facundo both go up? Do we get Shapiro, and is he a 149 or a 157? We'll see. IMO he fits the mold, but the logistics have to thread a needle.
- Manville: Who knows, Mason ROTC/Greco, Carson not on the team at Penn Tech ... I think we'll get him if he wants to wrestle D1 or wants to focus on Greco. I also don't think PSU will push for him -- we'll always be there kind of situation.
- Lawrence: we might dip a toe in the water, but I don't think we'll push for him. In good shape with Facundo and Barr.
- Kinney: I think we'll pursue him if we don't get Mullen. But he might rather play football.

Seminary has 2 strong options: SO 152 Joe Sealey, and FR 182 Jude Correa (though I'd expect him to grow to 197, maybe even HWT).

I also wouldn't be surprised if Cael goes light in 2024 and then goes loaded for bear in 2025, which has more big names (Desmond, Perry, Shaw, Rath, Austin Johnson, PJ Duke, Anthony Knox, Leo DeLuca, Correa, etc.).
I will root for Rune wherever he goes. Hopefully Northwestern!

clucas11

Oct 31, 2021
I was curious to see if any of the top placers at the state tournament at 106 had wrestled Bo Basset recently. Aaron Seidel knocked off Louie Gill (last year's state champ) this year for the state title. He wrestled Bo at Super 32 and well......lost 22-6 tech fall in the first few seconds of the second period. Yikes! Not that most didn't already know, but Bo is levels above the best in the state of PA.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy

Latest posts