Thoughts on the team...

Medill90

Junior
Jan 30, 2011
6,910
321
0
First off, some really crazy sh_t being thrown around these boards because of one lopsided loss against what looks to be a very competitive team.

The guard situation is unsettled and unsettling. I've posted that I think coaching is a part of this...you've got to pick a lead dog....but no question we are undermanned at PG;

Thought Turner did well again....thought Law was a big help...Greer was ok, but he wasn't Fort Knox with the ball. Ash helped a bit....he doesn't look 100 percent to me;

Post play was dominant. Pardon was off the charts. Benson was effective. Nance is a problem to play against. Kopp is a bad ***. Kopp is the type of guy I hated, hated to play against. He doesn't take plays off;

Here's the thing....the entire season is about defense. Today NU made shots but was not always focused on D. Not all five guys all the time. Defense translates into everything including the intensity to look after the ball on offense. Guys had it in second gear on D....and so when NU got it out of bounds after a make, they had it in second gear and turned it over;

I don't know if NU can get over the fact that it is undermanned at guard. I know that if it is not locked in on D all of the time, there's not a lot of hope for a positive conference campaign;

I though the mechanics and motion of the offense looked very solid today. Taylor, Turner, Law and Pardon were superlative....not just making shots, but the action prior to the attempt. Kopp has great as well.

Did anyone notice if Falzon had his boot off today.
 

NUThump

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
1,326
23
38
Anyone know why Kopp only had 7 minutes yesterday? He started and I thought he played well.
 

Fitz51

Senior
Oct 21, 2008
10,117
649
113
First off, some really crazy sh_t being thrown around these boards because of one lopsided loss against what looks to be a very competitive team.

It's *not* because of one lopsided loss. It's because the team has no ability to penetrate or create shots, has no ball handler, and is again a "make 40% of your threes or lose" squad.
 

mikewebb68

Senior
Oct 24, 2009
9,814
504
113
Anyone know why Kopp only had 7 minutes yesterday? He started and I thought he played well.
It looked like he took a bit of a shot on the foul he committed that sent him to the bench. Tv was not focused in bench at all during game, though, so I couldn't see if he remained on it...

Guess we'll see Sunday.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Northwestern frees OC Chip Kelly to go outside-the-box with creative offense
  2. 02 Wildcat Report 'The atmosphere was unbelievable': Visiting prospects rave about the new Ryan Field
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun looks to keep focus on Ball State after big Penn State win
  5. 05 On3 Football David Braun on Big Ten not receiving same respect as SEC in AP Poll: 'Check the receipts'