Title IX

Muskets

Redshirt
May 29, 2001
11,730
37
48
I am not a normal poster here. And this isn't really that off topic wrt WVU sports, but I didn't want to mire down the blue lot with a lot of political flaming either way.

However, with Biden's new definitions for Title IX, other than the obvious men competing as women argument, what are the other repercussions, Like when it comes to scholarship equity? Half the football team will claim a women's scholarship based on their gender claims. (And privacy could protect the ones that put it down on paper). Scholarship equity and title IX, for that matter, becomes moot?

And Sorry if already discussed. I didn't want to wade through all the stuff to see.
 

roadtrasheer

All-Conference
Sep 9, 2016
18,895
3,238
113
I am not a normal poster here. And this isn't really that off topic wrt WVU sports, but I didn't want to mire down the blue lot with a lot of political flaming either way.

However, with Biden's new definitions for Title IX, other than the obvious men competing as women argument, what are the other repercussions, Like when it comes to scholarship equity? Half the football team will claim a women's scholarship based on their gender claims. (And privacy could protect the ones that put it down on paper). Scholarship equity and title IX, for that matter, becomes moot?

And Sorry if already discussed. I didn't want to wade through all the stuff to see.
Can't make this stuff up ....
 

DvlDog4WVU

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2008
47,535
3,916
113
I am not a normal poster here. And this isn't really that off topic wrt WVU sports, but I didn't want to mire down the blue lot with a lot of political flaming either way.

However, with Biden's new definitions for Title IX, other than the obvious men competing as women argument, what are the other repercussions, Like when it comes to scholarship equity? Half the football team will claim a women's scholarship based on their gender claims. (And privacy could protect the ones that put it down on paper). Scholarship equity and title IX, for that matter, becomes moot?

And Sorry if already discussed. I didn't want to wade through all the stuff to see.
I haven’t actually read the updates. I’m assuming they added trans specifically called out in Title IX?
 
WV Sports

Latest

  1. 01 WV Sports Football West Virginia vs. Iowa State Big 12 availability report: 10-3
  2. 02 WV Sports Football Tale of the tape: How WVU stacks up against Iowa State
  3. 03 WV Sports Football Rich Rodriguez highlights importance of scout team in preparation
  4. 04 WV Sports Football Zac Alley believes JaCorey Thomas should be ready to go
  5. 05 WV Sports Football Bryan Hansen dives into the art of punting