Today is groundbreaking.

RUDave_01

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2002
1,765
2,058
113
I can't wait to get this thing going... props to RU for getting this done.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the renderings look like. I imagine that there will be a face-lift to the RAC too. There are some really exciting times coming up for Rutgers athletics.
 

Ole Cabbagehead

All-American
Apr 21, 2011
8,075
6,323
0
They need something like this to jumpstart the capital campaign. It has really seemed to stall out as the year has progressed. Glad to see it being built. Should help with recruiting now that you can say it will be done "after next season."

I assume that they are being slightly conservative, and it is expected to be done prior to fall sports season 2018.
 

RU-Choppin-Ohio

Heisman
Jul 31, 2011
33,091
38,059
113
Great article by Zags and interesting quotes from Brian Coleman of Sports U regarding Naz Reid:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2016/11/01/...ce-facility-helps-offset-negative-recruiting/

Brandin Knight was very direct about recruiting and now the Albatross around the neck of recruiting will be gone.

“I think in general kids like to see all of the bells and whistles so now with Instagram and social media, there’s this constant posting and evolution of what your program looks like and if you lack these things it makes you an easy target for some negative recruiting,” he said.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game
  3. 03 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Hot Seat: USA Today identifies coaches facing mounting pressure
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Four