Tom: The Aaron Rodgers thread just plain disappeared. Will that be the new normal?

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
It certainly was not political when I started it, but the subject of Covid can obviously take a turn in that direction. There is apparently no Test Board here to which you could move a thread that becomes political. Will such threads simply disappear without further notice?

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
You appear to be making the common mistake about thread deletions. While there are exceptions to every generalization, the majority of the time threads are deleted is not because of what’s in the OP. It’s the replies that the OP attracts that usually cause a thread to be zapped. If it takes too much of my time to prune the thread, then I simply delete it.

Also, it had been years since I had moved a thread to the Test Board. Other monitors may have moved threads, but I had given up on that process.

I’ve only deleted a few threads in the first week. So I’m not sure how to describe the “new normal.” In my mind, threads I would have deleted on the previous platform will also be deleted on this platform.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021
You appear to be aking the common mistake about thread deletions. While there are exceptions to every generalization, the majority of the time threads are deleted is not because of what’s in the OP. It’s the replies that the OP attracts that usually cause a thread to be zapped. If it takes too much of my time to prune the thread, then I simply delete it.

Also, it had been years since I had moved a thread to the Test Board. Other monitors may have moved threads, but I had given up on that process.

I’ve only deleted a few threads in the first week. So I’m not sure how to describe the “new normal.” In my mind, threads I would have deleted on the previous platform will also be deleted on this platform.

Deleting any/all Philadelphia Flyer threads would also be a great help Tom.

You know how toxic they can be.

:cool: (y) :cool:

Let's Go Pens!

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
If Tom has to delete more than three of your threads bad men will come to your house and take your computer
Is there someone or some group at On3 that has web administrator rights who monitors and actually does this, or are they using some technology to filter what is in posts? so On3 may have some group like Twitter that monitors content. Is that how this works? if it is their platform, they would have the liability if something was legally problematic.

LafayetteBear

Oct 12, 2021
C'mon man................
What is your point? Of course I would have preferred that the thread on Rodgers not be deleted. And my OP was not political. I can't control the fact that another subsequent poster chimed in with an overtly political post. Things often go downhill when that happens. Developments in the Rodgers story (the revelation that he was taking advice from Joe Rogan, the NFL issuing a statement on the subject, etc.) contributed to that as well.

Over on the Rivals site, threads occasionally got moved to the Test Board when they turned overtly political.. Apparently not by Tom. In any event, the lack of a Test Board (or other political board) over here would seem to foreclose that option, meaning that we can likely expect threads to be deleted when they turn political.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
You appear to be making the common mistake about thread deletions. While there are exceptions to every generalization, the majority of the time threads are deleted is not because of what’s in the OP. It’s the replies that the OP attracts that usually cause a thread to be zapped. If it takes too much of my time to prune the thread, then I simply delete it.

Plus Rodgers is a kook and this is a PSU board.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Dude is a liar, it's just that simple. He got called out on being a liar and now wants to be a victim for his own actions. #FRAUD

Reactions: Waaaaaaaany