Tomorrow's the big day for ACC

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Tomorrow is my birthday and I hope the acc has a surprise for me. Does Puerto Rico have a university ?

SC95

Joined Mar 31, 2008
Jan 31, 2022
Things certainly seem to have stalled. Sounds like Clemson, FSU, UNC and NC State successfully blocked expansion, but they are contractually obligated to stay in the league for the 2015 season if they don't notify the league by tomorrow. With how crazy all this expansion stuff has been, though, folks will be waiting with bated breath tomorrow to see if there's some last-minute development. The Pac-12 went from dead to miraculously saved to dead again in the span of about 12 hours, so there's no telling how this stuff will go.
I can't believe the Big 12 went from life support to one of the top three conferences in college athletics. The ACC could have poached any team it wanted from the Big 12 following Oklahoma and Texas leaving for the SEC.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I can't believe the Big 12 went from life support to one of the top three conferences in college athletics. The ACC could have poached any team it wanted from the Big 12 following Oklahoma and Texas leaving for the SEC.
Lack of leadership…just like the P12. Unreal.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
They will be coveted, mark my words.
Dennis Dodd disagrees.

“Industry sources repeat that there is not much desire by either conference (SEC/B10) to add the likes Clemson, Florida State, etc. Not that the ACC's seemingly "ironclad" grant of rights agreementwould allow such movement. That says loads about the reality of the market compared to how those schools view themselves.”

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Dennis Dodd disagrees.

“Industry sources repeat that there is not much desire by either conference (SEC/B10) to add the likes Clemson, Florida State, etc. Not that the ACC's seemingly "ironclad" grant of rights agreementwould allow such movement. That says loads about the reality of the market compared to how those schools view themselves.”

His opinion, but I think it will ultimately be proven incorrect if expansion involving the Big Boys continues.

lexgamecock

Feb 2, 2022
The B1G wants UNC and UVA. CU and FSU bring nothing to the SEC. So where do they go if they leave the ACC? The B12? That would seem a lateral move at best.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
Not exactly. He's citing industry sources.
They will be proven wrong also. If his opinion is that those sources will be validated, then his opinion will also be proven incorrect. If FSU ultimately leaves the ACC, they will not move downward. Mark my words.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
The B1G wants UNC and UVA. CU and FSU bring nothing to the SEC. So where do they go if they leave the ACC? The B12? That would seem a lateral move at best.
That's what I think. There are enough good programs in the top half of the B12 to join with to create a very good conference. Wouldn't be on the same level as B10 or SEC, but would be close enough.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
They will be proven wrong also. If his opinion is that those sources will be validated, then his opinion will also be proven incorrect. If FSU ultimately leaves the ACC, they will not move downward. Mark my words.
Depends on what they can work out with B12 around 2030.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Would not be a downward move by then but would not be their only option, either.
I don't think it would be downward either. Having said that, I also think they would prefer staying in the ACC. So by that time, they'll be in TV negotiations...which I think will prove fruitful enough to keep the ACC together.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I don't think it would be downward either. Having said that, I also think they would prefer staying in the ACC. So by that time, they'll be in TV negotiations...which I think will prove fruitful enough to keep the ACC together.
It's too long. They'll be buried financially if they have to wait that long. They all will who aren't Notre Dame.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Well, it's too long.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

lexgamecock

Feb 2, 2022
That's what I think. There are enough good programs in the top half of the B12 to join with to create a very good conference. Wouldn't be on the same level as B10 or SEC, but would be close enough.
Yeah at least the Big 12 takes football seriously.