Travis Ford

Dec 17, 2008
45,214
16,775
0
Who cares if he has connections, he's a solid coach. Coached up at UMass. I mentioned him a few months back with anticipation he may get fired. Never coached with Pitino but still somewhat under that Pitino tree. I'd be happy with this kind of hire. Solid chance to do improve us.
 

Mikemarc

Heisman
Nov 28, 2005
69,248
17,970
97
I asked about connections because I'm not sure he'd run to such a difficult situation without connections to NJ.

Much easier for someone to take the job with some sort of NJ connection, in my opinion.

He'd be a good hire..just not sure he'll want it.
 
Dec 17, 2008
45,214
16,775
0
I asked about connections because I'm not sure he'd run to such a difficult situation without connections to NJ.

Much easier for someone to take the job with some sort of NJ connection, in my opinion.

He'd be a good hire..just not sure he'll want it.
That's always a possibility with a coach of this stature but we just had a coach of lesser stature and tons of NJ connections supposedly turn us down so who ever knows for sure what motivates a guy to say yes or no. I'm sure he'll be collecting nice pay checks from Ok. State.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,019
16,813
113
Hire good assistants with connections and let the HC be the closer until he makes his own local connections while using the ones he already has in other parts of the country.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LC-88
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football HC Greg Schiano talks Indiana game week
  2. 02 The Knight Report How former Rutgers Football players performed in the NFL's Week Three
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football College Football 27 Sim - Rutgers Football versus Indiana Hoosiers
  4. 04 On3 Football Senate passes Protect College Sports Act, sends bill to House
  5. 05 The Knight Report Football Everything Curt Cignetti said ahead of the Indiana / Rutgers game