Travis Ford

Dec 17, 2008
45,214
16,775
0
Who cares if he has connections, he's a solid coach. Coached up at UMass. I mentioned him a few months back with anticipation he may get fired. Never coached with Pitino but still somewhat under that Pitino tree. I'd be happy with this kind of hire. Solid chance to do improve us.
 

Mikemarc

Heisman
Nov 28, 2005
69,248
17,970
97
I asked about connections because I'm not sure he'd run to such a difficult situation without connections to NJ.

Much easier for someone to take the job with some sort of NJ connection, in my opinion.

He'd be a good hire..just not sure he'll want it.
 
Dec 17, 2008
45,214
16,775
0
I asked about connections because I'm not sure he'd run to such a difficult situation without connections to NJ.

Much easier for someone to take the job with some sort of NJ connection, in my opinion.

He'd be a good hire..just not sure he'll want it.
That's always a possibility with a coach of this stature but we just had a coach of lesser stature and tons of NJ connections supposedly turn us down so who ever knows for sure what motivates a guy to say yes or no. I'm sure he'll be collecting nice pay checks from Ok. State.
 

MADHAT1

Heisman
Apr 1, 2003
32,017
16,808
113
Hire good assistants with connections and let the HC be the closer until he makes his own local connections while using the ones he already has in other parts of the country.
 
  • Like
Reactions: LC-88
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Early Recruit Visitor list for Rutgers Football versus Indiana
  2. 02 The Knight Report Football ESPN FPI projects Rutgers Football's 2026 schedule - Week Four
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers vs Indiana odds: Point spread released on Scarlet Knights, Hoosiers
  4. 04 The Knight Report Football Every throw from Rutgers Football QB Dylan Lonergan versus Howard
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Howard