Trev Alberts, Nebraska AD suddenly leaves for TAMU.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
I haven't seen this mentioned yet.
One would have thought that Alberts would be the Nebraska AD till his retirement. He was considered a legend at NU, winning the Butkus, and Jack Lambert award. Just recently he signed a contract extension till 2031. Now abruptly leaves for TAMU.

Seems very odd

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Money has absolutely nothing to do with it, obviously.

Since Alberts is perceived to be a Big 10 guy, some are thinking this supports the wild rumors that A&M could be planning to jump to the Big 10.

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
Nebraska has a interim president, not the guy that hired Alberts, the Gov is involved and upset, in their search process for a President, I'm sure that and more money made the decision easy for Alberts

Feb 24, 2024
Nebraska has a interim president, not the guy that hired Alberts, the Gov is involved and upset, in their search process for a President, I'm sure that and more money made the decision easy for Alberts
Yep. Let that be a lesson for the clown show that frequently is SC politics and the USC board.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
NU has not had a president going on 7 months now. Simply ridiculous.

Harvard Gamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Money has absolutely nothing to do with it, obviously.

Since Alberts is perceived to be a Big 10 guy, some are thinking this supports the wild rumors that A&M could be planning to jump to the Big 10.
I could be wrong, and it makes for some good conversation, but I'm just not seeing it.
Then again, there are some very wild rumors out there, and not just TAMU.

Reactions: Gradstudent

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
I could be wrong, and it makes for some good conversation, but I'm just not seeing it.
Well a pretty good AD once left us for Texas A&M, I think its a pretty attractive job, SEC, and who is reports to seems to be in chaos at Nebraska, but then again maybe he just wanted to get away from a certain offensive coordinator in the Nebraska football program, :)

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
Well a pretty good AD once left us for Texas A&M, I think its a pretty attractive job, SEC, and who is reports to seems to be in chaos at Nebraska, but then again maybe he just wanted to get away from a certain offensive coordinator in the Nebraska football program, :)
AD's 2 primary functions:

1. Raise money
2. Spend money

Not a better place to do that in America.

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
He couldn’t take anymore is the Satterfield offense…..

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
No, I don’t see it. But for those who want to believe it, this is fodder.