TU Schedule Additions:

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,494
2,732
112
OU opened at UT Arlington last year and won (really easily despite the score) by 10. It's a scary game for a team coming together.
 

lawpoke87

Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
166,797
20,790
82
Frank most likely has to make the tourney this season to keep his job imo. Losing out on both Phipps and Thompson eliminated any positive vibe going forward. Significant improvement is necessary.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cmullinsTU

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,494
2,732
112
TU would need to finish 11-2 to have any chance of at large heading into conference.

Is it clear that TU has lost Thompson?
 

lawpoke87

Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
166,797
20,790
82
Is it clear that TU has lost Thompson?

I’m afraid that ship has sailed. The latest interview I read he was asked what programs are recruiting him the hardest. Bryce didn’t even mention TU. I believe the writing was on the wall when we couldn’t hire Rod.
 

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,248
16,420
113
I’m afraid that ship has sailed. The latest interview I read he was asked what programs are recruiting him the hardest. Bryce didn’t even mention TU. I believe the writing was on the wall when we couldn’t hire Rod.

It would be the surprise of the century if he came here now.
 

TU 1978

All-American
Jan 30, 2009
13,832
6,599
113
It’s too bad that Anal Roberts is still on our schedule, dragging down our RPI.
 

lawpoke87

Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
166,797
20,790
82
It’s too bad that Anal Roberts is still on our schedule, dragging down our RPI.

ORU is actually in the upper half of our OOC opponents as far as RPI. That's not a positive reflection on ORU but an indictment of our scheduling.
 
  • Like
Reactions: drboobay

Tu Geo

All-Conference
Dec 8, 2003
12,463
1,014
113
The American is so much more powerful of a conference than Tulsa has been in the past I'm giving the coaching staff a pass on the OCC.

Need to win all those easy OCC games and try to get to 22+ wins Tulsa should have a bubble chance to get into the NCAA Tourney

GO TU!!!!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: I.I.

lawpoke87

Heisman
Dec 17, 2002
166,797
20,790
82
The problem is we will likely have to win at least one and probably two more conference games than other AAC teams to get selected. The last few years the committee has harped on playing a strong OOC schedule as a significant factor in their decision making.
 

drboobay

All-American
Dec 4, 2003
14,723
9,599
113
This team needs a soft schedule the first few weeks to gell with all the new players coming in. So I kind of agree with the scheduling approach. But we need to win. No missteps.
 

mcane

All-Conference
Dec 3, 2003
8,494
2,732
112
The trap is playing a road game, any road game, as the 2nd game of the year. UTA is the key game IMHO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: nevadanatural

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,248
16,420
113
Memphis NBA schedule is out so our conference schedule should appear in a few weeks. ( When I said NBA , I meant Grizzlies, not Tigers though the talent is close).
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa leaves Arkansas with plenty to fix before North Texas
  2. 02 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa offense sputters in loss at Arkansas
  4. 04 On3 Football College Football Injury Report: Latest Week 4 updates at Texas, Ole Miss, Florida & more
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Arkansas: History, Rivalry and Bad Blood