Uniform post...

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,806
3,398
113
I thought the garnet jersey and garnet pants combination looked like a HS uniform. Other than white and white, any time a team wears the same color jerseys and pants looks like HS uniforms to me.

I think the white helmet, garnet jersey and white pants looks best at home and the all white looks best on the road.
 

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
16,431
43,016
113
I thought the garnet jersey and garnet pants combination looked like a HS uniform. Other than white and white, any time a team wears the same color jerseys and pants looks like HS uniforms to me.

I think the white helmet, garnet jersey and white pants looks best at home and the all white looks best on the road.
You should probably reevaluate what you think a high school uniform is, then.

Carolina's been wearing garnet on garnet for decades.

1984
1790091801300.png

1996
1790091942980.png

2010
1790091911709.png

2018
1790092041213.png
 

kidrobinski

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2004
1,507
1,340
113
You should probably reevaluate what you think a high school uniform is, then.

Carolina's been wearing garnet on garnet for decades.
So have sc state and North Carolina a&t. Doesn’t change the fact they’re yoogly and amateurish looking.
 

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
16,431
43,016
113
So have sc state and North Carolina a&t. Doesn’t change the fact they’re yoogly and amateurish looking.
You're entitled to an opinion but it's obviously not based in reality.

College and professional teams have been using monochrome combinations for decades, so it's clear that uniform combination can't be amateur or look like high school.

Check out the Minnesota Vikings in 1964.
1790093592820.png
 

SouthernBelly

Senior
Sep 16, 2024
918
699
93
Why is uniform talk so common among Gamecock fans? This the 3rd or 4th board I have been a part of regularly over the last 15 years or so and its been a topic on all of them. I don't understand it. There is no great tradition with the uniforms like like at Alabama or Notre Dame. There is nothing iconic about them. We have the weekly fashion show (I don't recall who framed that here but it's a good way of describing it) and they lose in one uniform just the same as the next. I just don't get the interest and want to see where it comes from? Is it because they are so mediocre that we the fans just need something else football related to talk about?
 

Piscis

All-Conference
Nov 30, 2001
25,806
3,398
113

WARCOCKS

Joined Jan 20, 2003
Jan 20, 2003
4,043
1,366
113
I thought the garnet jersey and garnet pants combination looked like a HS uniform. Other than white and white, any time a team wears the same color jerseys and pants looks like HS uniforms to me.

I think the white helmet, garnet jersey and white pants looks best at home and the all white looks best on the road.
Forget about the uniforms I don’t care what they wear! Just WIN!
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Rob Hawk

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
16,431
43,016
113
They have looked like HS uniforms in all of them.

The Chick-fil-a helmets in 2018 made them even worse.

I think SC should reevaluate what they think a real college football uniform looks like.
Clearly you are the one with the wrong opinion lol
 

Uscg1984

All-Conference
Mar 9, 2006
2,711
3,531
113
I like the all-garnet uniforms at home, just not a fan of wearing them with the black helmets.

Actually, I'm for whatever color combination Sellers sees the best. We probably need to wear whatever contrasts the absolute most with our opponents' uniforms.
 

Swifty

Junior
Jan 21, 2022
346
296
53
Why is uniform talk so common among Gamecock fans? This the 3rd or 4th board I have been a part of regularly over the last 15 years or so and its been a topic on all of them. I don't understand it. There is no great tradition with the uniforms like like at Alabama or Notre Dame. There is nothing iconic about them. We have the weekly fashion show (I don't recall who framed that here but it's a good way of describing it) and they lose in one uniform just the same as the next. I just don't get the interest and want to see where it comes from? Is it because they are so mediocre that we the fans just need something else football related to talk about?
Because boomers, that's why?
 

Psycock

Joined Jan 20, 2001
Jan 29, 2022
1,160
1,290
113
I thought they looked great. I love the all-garnet, love the black helmets. We have best color combination out there.
 

uscfan1981

Joined May 1, 2006
Apr 30, 2006
13,647
127
63
I hate the Garnet because it isn't the right shade.

The best uniforms are:
Away: storm trooper with rogers era helmets.
home: garnet helmets, black jerseys, white pants circa JoMo.

I like changing things up. Most look good. The only one I dislike are white helmets, garnet jerseys and white pants.

On a side note: I really hate every players wears a different color mouthpiece and they refuse to wear them They just let the dangle around every play.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Live updates: South Carolina vs No. 24 Kentucky (Kickoff approx: 4:20 p.m.)
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Final SEC injury report is in: Latest on Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball Recruiting South Carolina women's basketball: What Taylor Brown means for the Gamecocks
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball Recruiting South Carolina women's basketball: Taylor Brown commits to the Gamecocks
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Gamecock uniform report for South Carolina-Kentucky