Uniforms on Gene's Radio Show...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Greg Byrne was on Gene's call-in show tonight and a caller called in with a question about uni's, specifically maroon helmets. Greg answered that we were close to finalizing a deal with a new apparel company.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Greg Byrne was on Gene's call-in show tonight and a caller called in with a question about uni's, specifically maroon helmets. Greg answered that we were close to finalizing a deal with a new apparel company.

BCash

Oct 21, 2008
...I saw some designs that were suggested, I think it might have been on Bulldogblitz.com. The company that we had hired to do the designs was the same company that had done Oregon State's helmet design. Now that I think about it, that makes perfect sense because of Byrne. I went to there website and it said something like "--------- is proudly welcomes Miss. State to it's list of clients" or something like that.

Needless to say, i thought almost all of the designs sucked ***, and if we get some highschool looking design like Oregon State has, I'm going to be pissed.

dawgatUSM

Apr 6, 2008
well, I would raelly be fine with anything as long as we're uniform. Either all adidas, or nike, or under armor. Preferably UA, but the russell thing has to go.

MSU2006

Sep 19, 2008
Or did he just say details would come soon? Any other details on what our new clown suits will look like? we look like a bunch of pansies clad in purple out there now.

topdawg.sixpack

Nov 25, 2007
The athletic department wants something department wide, for a better financial deal, and UA has an exclusive deal with Auburn to be the only SEC school to have UA department wide. Auburn was pissed when South Carolina signed a football only deal.

MSU2006

Sep 19, 2008
saying "look, if we want to look legit in the eyes of 18 year old recruits (and the rest of the world for that matter), we can't look like a bunch of ballerinas out there with our 1970s stockings and white shoes." My guess is LT just let crooms do whatever he wanted to with the unis, whereas GB is actually concerned with our image and what the world sees when they look at MSU.

Rebheaded Stranger

Mar 10, 2007
I like what Cohen did to make the UA logo look similar to the swoosh.

</p>

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
This has been bugging me for some time now. What's the deal with baseball players and college kids wearing straight bill caps these days?

Am I the only one that thinks it looks ridiculous? I just think of rappers and cousin 17-ers from the sticks whenever I see one.

Nicky Santoro

Nov 9, 2008
that's the stile these days. Especially among the 50 or so walk ons up here that walk around like they are on the team weeks after being cut. You know who you are.....</p>

Oct 14, 2007
I swear, I seem to remember UK having some Under Armour unis for baseball a couple of years ago. Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

msdawg90

Nov 1, 2008
I agree, the flat-bill does look stupid. However, from experience, it does provide a little better vision and doesn't really make a difference in shielding the sun. But, I wouldn't wear it.

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
...or change coaches. The white hat is now a symbol of Croomball. Leave the white hats to Croom. Don't let Croom tarnish maroon too. Maroon is all the matters.