USWNT Thread

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I'm not a subscriber to the Athletic, so I can't read the entire article. The summary from CBS Sports makes me wonder why Horan made the comments that she did.

Eh, doesn’t bother me. And I am one of those fans that doesn’t really know s#!t about the game as I only played it in grade school. I do have an Athletic subscription, and when I read it I didn’t even blink an eye.

That CBS piece was poorly written/edited. You can’t really tell where the cribbing from the Athletic piece ends and where the CBS original content begins.

Not to mention that more than sixteen hours after the CBS piece has been posted, they still haven’t corrected this major gaffe. It only strengthens Horan’s comment of "I want professionalism…”

BC8F78CA-F31C-487A-BA46-DB7854223BA9.jpeg

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
I'm not a subscriber to the Athletic, so I can't read the entire article. The summary from CBS Sports makes me wonder why Horan made the comments that she did.

She isn't wrong, maybe the media is jus sensationalizing what she said, did she really "blast"?

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
A goal and 3 saves for Naeher in the shootout…good way to respond after conceding that late penalty. Brazil will be a good test on Sunday.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Quite a semi-final against Canada.

Tied 1-1 at the end of regulation.

USA scores in the 1st OT. Canada is awarded a penalty kick after the ref reviewed the play with seconds left in the match, and converts, so it goes to PKs.

Alyssa Naeher was all-world in the PKs.

The US kicked 1st, and converted their first PK
Canada kicked their 1st, and was stoned by Naeher, 1-0, USA
The US shot over the crossbar on their 2nd PK
Canada kicked their 2nd, and Naeher stoned them again. 1-0, USA
Naeher then took the 3rd kick for the US, and converted
Canada kicked their 3rd, and converted. 2-1, USA
Horan kicked the 4th for the US, and converted
Canada kicked their 4th, and Naeher stoned them again. 3-1, USA, and that's the match

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Swanson seems to have made a relatively fast recovery. Macario's recovery was frustratingly slow, but it's nice to see her named to the team. It will be interesting how the young'ins (Eva Gaetino and Lily Yohannes) do in the SheBelieves Cup.

Latest posts