Uvalde School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Blood on gun nut hands. It's not even up for debate.
If you are referring to the individual shooter then I agree and there is no need to debate with you. However, if you are using this tragedy to blame every citizen who owns a gun and who wants to protect their 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, I won't bother to debate you, because you are simply agenda driven without the ability to process logic.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Selling 2 semi automatic weapons to an 18 year old, something that was determined protected by a conservative judge. Gee what could go wrong. X2

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Were those weapons used in today's shooting?
Both shooters were 18 and recently purchased semi automatic weapons legally. California had a law against that but a conservative judge threw it out only weeks ago, good timing.

Here is the thing, when we have a crisis or tragedy, the human thing to do is to make changes so it does not happen again. We do that for everything except anything that concerns a gun. It is against human nature.

Reactions: trojanart

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Both shooters were 18 and recently purchased semi automatic weapons legally. California had a law against that but a conservative judge threw it out only weeks ago, good timing.

Here is the thing, when we have a crisis or tragedy, the human thing to do is to make changes so it does not happen again. We do that for everything except anything that concerns a gun. It is against human nature.
This happened in Texas.

Were those semis used in today's shooting?

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
honest question, why can't both sides agree on increased/thorough background checks?
They have gun laws but unfortunately they do not enforce them consistently. I have no problem with background checks. This kid was on the social media and was a ticking time bomb. We have to start being more proactive and take the stuff they post on social media. Yes background checks have to be more thorough. Have you noticed that the common denominator of all of the mass shooters is they are crazy or are fixated on some demented ideology. I do not own a gun. I know people and some in my family that totally want to get rid of guns. Not me. This kid was obviously unstable. The antigun cabal will obviously become irrational over this. This is a tragedy no doubt. The solution is greater scrutiny and consistent and sustainable screening. IMO

Alkebulan7

Aug 24, 2017

Since press conference, 19 children and 2 adults discovered...my deepest condolences to their families and community.

Last edited:
Reactions: mprb and 4heisman

Alkebulan7

Aug 24, 2017
If there is a hell I hope this POS rots there for all eternity.

Isaiah 28:15

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Isaiah 28:18

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Selling 2 semi automatic weapons to an 18 year old, something that was determined protected by a conservative judge. Gee what could go wrong. X2
One reason the idiotic law banning 18 year olds from purchasing guns was overturned is that 18 year olds can serve in the military and of course fire weapons. Should a person leave the military before age 21 it seems inconsistent to not allow them to purchase a gun.

gangogi

Aug 24, 2017
You couldnt wait a day to politicize this tragedy....not surprising considering the source...shameful

So what is the magic number for you? 24 hours? A couple of weeks? A year? The truth is, it is never the right time to "politicize" gun control as far as conservative Republicans are concerned. And you come up in here offended over the fact that there are people in this country literally crying for change.

Shameful is right...

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
So what is the magic number for you? 24 hours? A couple of weeks? A year? The truth is, it is never the right time to "politicize" gun control as far as conservative Republicans are concerned. And you come up in here offended over the fact that there are people in this country literally crying for change.

Shameful is right...
What is your proposal? You libs want gun control and can’t seem to define it anymore than you can define what “rich” or a woman is! So what is your solution? I am really curious.BTW, I do not own a gun.

gangogi

Aug 24, 2017
What is your proposal? You libs want gun control and can’t seem to define it anymore than you can define what “rich” or a woman is! So what is your solution? I am really curious.BTW, I do not own a gun.

Come to the table and actually try to pass gun control for one. Not sure what that has to do with the "rich" or the "transgendered.'' If you really are curious, I do not own a gun nor am I a liberal.

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017

Isaiah 28:15

Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:

Isaiah 28:18

And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it.
I'm sure GOD would want all Americans to own semi automatic weapons. Prayers are a JOKE at a time like this.

• Sad

SonofGodzilla

Aug 30, 2017
One reason the idiotic law banning 18 year olds from purchasing guns was overturned is that 18 year olds can serve in the military and of course fire weapons. Should a person leave the military before age 21 it seems inconsistent to not allow them to purchase a gun.
Can a mentally unstable individual join the military fight on ? Do they do mental evaluations ?

Reactions: aimeedee

Cacadetoro

Feb 9, 2018
Come to the table and actually try to pass gun control for one. Not sure what that has to do with the "rich" or the "transgendered.'' If you really are curious, I do not own a gun nor am I a liberal.
You missed my point. You talk about gun control but you cannot seem to define what it is you mean. I will help you. Start by enforcing the existing laws but also look at the existing laws and ensure that they are not vague which allows for less prosecution. It has not been the responsibility of the FBI to monitor gun posts on line. Their purview has been to monitor possible terrorism. The ATF or sub-agency needs to be assigned this duty. Look at the profile of most of the mass shooters. Most are under 40 with the exception of a few here and there. I am not against guns. We have some 20,000 gun laws in the US. We have somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 Federal gun statutes. Make sure that these gun laws are specific and enforceable. If they are not then they need to have any vagaries out of them.

Fight On Era

Sep 28, 2021
Can a mentally unstable individual join the military fight on ? Do they do mental evaluations ?
The military does mental health evaluations of its recruits. Law enforcement also conducts intensive mental health evaluations and many police departments accept applicants who are a minimum age of 18.

Reactions: Pudly76

Wolfpack4SC

May 31, 2019
Most of law enforcement has been criticized if not banned from monitoring social media. The public considers it too invasive. All of the suggestions the democrats have proposed to change gun laws would not have prevented the shooters firearms purchase.

xuscx

Aug 24, 2017
Most of law enforcement has been criticized if not banned from monitoring social media. The public considers it too invasive. All of the suggestions the democrats have proposed to change gun laws would not have prevented the shooters firearms purchase.
wrong

sc69er

Aug 31, 2021
Blood on gun nut hands. It's not even up for debate.
The trouble is the lack of any competance in detecting individuals with severe mental health problems or the legal systems inability to deal with those identitied with severe problems. Since the 1960's when we shut down insane asylums and put the inmates on the street we have had this type of problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.