Veilleiux in Portal Now

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Opens for contact, correct?

Or are these announcements premature from being official?
Open for contact.

Super Freak Flirting GIF by Rick James

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I can’t blame any quarterback for transferring. One quarterback can play at any time. Yes, the backups are one play from the field, but this kid was displaced as #2 on the depth chart by a wunderkind. The writing is on the wall. Pribula is next.
As you know, Pribula grew up a PSU fan not too far campus so there's a chance he sticks it out longer if he's second string for a couple years. It's pure speculation from me though.

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021
least surprising news of the week

good luck to the young man
PSU had 11 scholarship kids transfer out last year, and 13 the year before, IIRC. I think CV is just the second so far this season.

Who knows how things will go, but one would reasonably expect there will be many more before summer practice 2023 starts up. C'est la vie.

Reactions: step.eng69

Tom_PSU

Oct 29, 2021
As much as I dislike the Portal, it’s like the Winter hot stove league in baseball. Players coming and going all over the place. At least it’s something interesting to watch and follow during the post season doldrums.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
PSU had 11 scholarship kids transfer out last year, and 13 the year before, IIRC. I think CV is just the second so far this season.

Who knows how things will go, but one would reasonably expect there will be many more before summer practice 2023 starts up. C'est la vie.
One can hope that the players can see the huge potential for next year and opt to stick around. I believe that Fashanu’s example will prove to be a potent one.

Reactions: ODShowtime

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I can’t blame any quarterback for transferring. One quarterback can play at any time. Yes, the backups are one play from the field, but this kid was displaced as #2 on the depth chart by a wunderkind. The writing is on the wall. Pribula is next.
Joe thought, if he put his mind to it, he might make a decent linebacker - like that Kelly kid.

psuro

Oct 12, 2021

Can't blame Holmes or Velliuex for leaving. McNeil left the team after the Maryland game, so he can be considered a portal. Of course, there is also the Ken Talley Drama. :rolleyes:

Limestoner

Oct 30, 2021
As you know, Pribula grew up a PSU fan not too far campus so there's a chance he sticks it out longer if he's second string for a couple years. It's pure speculation from me though.
Pribula isn't sitting in a bad spot. If Allar is the player everyone thinks he is likely he will be gone after his true junior season. That gives Pribula the chance to be a two year starter.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Pribula isn't sitting in a bad spot. If Allar is the player everyone thinks he is likely he will be gone after his true junior season. That gives Pribula the chance to be a two year starter.
Agree. And who knows what happens next season with injuries or mid game bathroom breaks. 😉

lemonears

Oct 31, 2021

Good luck, Christian.

So this week the players had their meetings with the coaches. Either Pribula or Veilleux was told that they were likely to be Allar's backup. Looks like we now know who was told they would be the backup.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
Good luck, Christian.

So this week the players had their meetings with the coaches. Either Pribula or Veilleux was told that they were likely to be Allar's backup. Looks like we now know who was told they would be the backup.
Do you think the coaches told Vellieux that he’d be the 3rd qb? I much prefer the scenario where he decided to leave only because he knew that Allar had beaten him out.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Don't think many talented kids are thinking that way anymore. Youngsters are getting immediate playing time. Pribula sits next year, and then we bring in a stud QB who's excited about Allar's success and likely draft status (that could be me!), and he drops to 3rd string having "wasted" time sitting. And from a team perspective, you really need to almost focus on bringing in the "next big thing" every other year, otherwise you're going to lose kids along the way and your QB situation could get dicey, depending on who stays, who goes and who develops. If a stud thinks Allar's here for 2 more years, and then Pribula is the man for 2 years behind him, where's the stud's playing time?

Reactions: LionJim

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Good luck, Christian.

I don't think it went down that way. Rather, I think Veilleux was told he is #2 and he decided to hit the portal. I don't think Pribula was or would have been ahead of him. Now Pribula is #2. Don't expect any portal QBs into PSU as the coaches have decided Allar is QB1

Reactions: Bison13

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
His offer list (now meaningless) coming out of high school had better opportunities than VTU and he’s already demonstrated that he has the tools too compete in P5 football. Another consideration is that Pry might not be at VT after the 2023 season.

It would be interesting if he ended up at Purdue or another school with a head coach who can develop QB’s.

• Wow

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021
His offer list (now meaningless) coming out of high school had better opportunities than VTU and he’s already demonstrated that he has the tools too compete in P5 football. Another consideration is that Pry might not be at VT after the 2023 season.

It would be interesting if he ended up at Purdue or another school with a head coach who can develop QB’s.
There is a very reasonable chance that CV is a better QB prospect than any returning QB on Purdue's roster - or on the roster of any team in the entire B10West (seriously).
That says something about both CV, and the B10West desert of QB play (most of those programs should consider going to a full-time "wildcat" offense).

• Wow

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021

There is a very reasonable chance that CV is a better QB prospect than any returning QB on Purdue's roster - or on the roster of any team in the entire B10West (seriously).
That says something about both CV, and the B10West desert of QB play (most of those programs should consider going to a full-time "wildcat" offense).
Really interesting….Christian to Purdue or the West division schools.
🤔

Latest posts