Veilleiux in Portal Now

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
His "other teams of interest" when he was being recruited included UCLA, Tennessee, Michigan, Temple, Clemson and LSU. Not sure there are any openings in any of those programs, unless he beats out the kid that started for Temple this year.

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021
His "other teams of interest" when he was being recruited included UCLA, Tennessee, Michigan, Temple, Clemson and LSU. Not sure there are any openings in any of those programs, unless he beats out the kid that started for Temple this year.
Someone mentioned VT earlier... that sounded interesting (esp given the connections to their OC and HC).
Not that familiar with any on that list - is the UCLA kid in his last year? I know both UT and LSU played transfer kids this year, not sure what their eligibility status (or team depth chart) is (though I am pretty sure Hooker is done). UM and Clemson (with Klubnik) are probably non-starters.

Any number of ACC programs and Big10 Programs where I think the kid could play (Syracuse, if their current coach is still around, might have an offense he would take to, same with Pitt). Don't know enough about the Pac12, Big12, SEC depth charts to make any educated guesses there - though I am sure there could be opportunities there as well.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
The Portal is going to have a number of new QB's but, so far, no huge names.

Texas: Hudson Card
Indiana: Connor Bazelek & Jack Tuttle
Iowa: Alex Padilla
Michigan: Cade McNamara
Tulsa: Davis Brin
Ga Tech: Jeff Sims
Boise State: Hank Bachmeier

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Someone mentioned VT earlier... that sounded interesting (esp given the connections to their OC and HC).
Not that familiar with any on that list - is the UCLA kid in his last year? I know both UT and LSU played transfer kids this year, not sure what their eligibility status (or team depth chart) is (though I am pretty sure Hooker is done). UM and Clemson (with Klubnik) are probably non-starters.

Any number of ACC programs and Big10 Programs where I think the kid could play (Syracuse, if their current coach is still around, might have an offense he would take to, same with Pitt). Don't know enough about the Pac12, Big12, SEC depth charts to make any educated guesses there - though I am sure there could be opportunities there as well.
Yeah, I think the kid at UCLA is done. But not sure who is behind him

PSUFTG

Nov 1, 2021
The Portal is going to have a number of new QB's but, so far, no huge names.

Texas: Hudson Card
Indiana: Connor Bazelek & Jack Tuttle
Iowa: Alex Padilla
Michigan: Cade McNamara
Tulsa: Davis Brin
Ga Tech: Jeff Sims
Boise State: Hank Bachmeier
I have no idea who it would be - because it would have to be a kid willing to transfer in without much likelihood of starting - but one would have to figure PSU would be in the portal QB market, if even for a guy who has been around a bit and could operate a D1 offense if called upon.
Probably similar situation at RB (definitely if Lee would happen to leave) - though it is a bit easier to bring a kid in at that position, even with the best-case expectations of getting limited carries.

bbb2021

Nov 14, 2021
I can’t blame any quarterback for transferring. One quarterback can play at any time. Yes, the backups are one play from the field, but this kid was displaced as #2 on the depth chart by a wunderkind. The writing is on the wall. Pribula is next.
This is the new age of CF with the Portal. The days of having quality QBs on the roster are long gone. The real problem is injuries - there just won't be quality replacements and that goes for all CF programs.

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
I can’t blame any quarterback for transferring. One quarterback can play at any time. Yes, the backups are one play from the field, but this kid was displaced as #2 on the depth chart by a wunderkind. The writing is on the wall. Pribula is next.

Pribula is unlikely to transfer in my opinion. If Allar is who we think he is then he is gone in two years. That leaves Beau two years to start as well. He can step right in and be successful and get as much starting exposure as Drew and every other NFL QB.

gslachta1

Oct 16, 2021
PSU had 11 scholarship kids transfer out last year, and 13 the year before, IIRC. I think CV is just the second so far this season.

Who knows how things will go, but one would reasonably expect there will be many more before summer practice 2023 starts up. C'est la vie.
Personally I’d like to see scholarship limits to 90-95. Less likely a player gets processed and stabilized rosters. No speaking about just Penn State. I know “we” don’t process.

wplion

Nov 1, 2021
BC needs a QB I think. They also need an offensive line to protect their QB.

Latest posts