Very interesting read about Sandusky's case

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
While he probably does deserve a new trial, he ain't ever getting one.

All anyone has to do is read the original article posted in this thread to know there would be a great deal of reasonable doubt, and there is no way the state of PA is letting that happen.

Do you understand how bad the state would look if that conviction got overturned? 60 minutes and such would be all over people saying you understood how questionable some of these guys were yet you allowed them to put this man in jail.

Bright side, it would make Andrew Shubin look like the scum is truly is.

I'm like you. I really not sure that Sandusky didn't cross the line with these kids, but common sense. A lot of that testimony was made up. Its just way to extreme behavior to have gone on for years and nobody to have known about it. There would have been hundreds of victims they could have found over a lot of years from a lot of different places, and not most all of the witnesses. People who knew each other from one town that were are all similar in age. Further none of these guys ever talked to each other while growing up about what was happening, but all at the same time they remember horrific abuse from 10 to 12 years earlier. Something there never did add up. The only thing that added up was the money, and these guys all got paid off big time.
I have stayed out of these discussions since this board moved over to this new location. I have appreciated that the Sandusky stuff hasn’t really existed over here.
I will say this though. We know Sandusky crossed the line, with the kid from ‘98. He admitted to showering alone with the boy and having physical contact with him in the shower. He was eventually charged for it and convicted for it. So whether or not he ever crossed the line is not really a question.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I have stayed out of these discussions since this board moved over to this new location. I have appreciated that the Sandusky stuff hasn’t really existed over here.
I will say this though. We know Sandusky crossed the line, with the kid from ‘98. He admitted to showering alone with the boy and having physical contact with him in the shower. He was eventually charged for it and convicted for it. So whether or not he ever crossed the line is not really a question.
I know better than to bother with those who want to make JS a victim...he's not. I too am glad this BS has stayed away from here, but that may be mostly a function of my ignore list too.

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
Isn't it amazing that, as far as I know, there has been no comment on the Sandusky case from any of Pennsylvania's law schools - including Dickinson. Usually, law school profs and students can't wait to comment on high profile cases.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Isn't it amazing that, as far as I know, there has been no comment on the Sandusky case from any of Pennsylvania's law schools - including Dickinson. Usually, law school profs and students can't wait to comment on high profile cases.
It's political suicide to suggest that JS was treated unfairly. Same goes for defending Joe and the administrators. Doing so would appear to be defending a pedophile. It's safer to keep a low profile.

Reactions: psu7113

HarrisburgDave

Oct 29, 2021
What do they call people who have no recollection of a serious offense being committed upon them, but come up with details after they see they can cash in big time?

Liars.

What do they call politicians who react with indignation and seek to tear down others when they have the chance?

Opportunists

What do they call administrators who roll over to the chanting crowd when faced with a challenge?

Cowards

Penn State was brought down by liars, opportunists and cowards. We punished the innocent and awarded the worst among us. That was the real scandal in the Sandusky mess. It changed the way many of us relate to the University, and it will remain that way until an honest and open discussion takes place about the entire sordid mess.

Last edited:

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018

All anyone has to do is read the original article posted in this thread to know there would be a great deal of reasonable doubt, and there is no way the state of PA is letting that happen.

Do you understand how bad the state would look if that conviction got overturned? 60 minutes and such would be all over people saying you understood how questionable some of these guys were yet you allowed them to put this man in jail.

I'm like you. I really not sure that Sandusky didn't cross the line with these kids, but common sense. A lot of that testimony was made up. Its just way to extreme behavior to have gone on for years and nobody to have known about it. There would have been hundreds of victims they could have found over a lot of years from a lot of different places, and not most all of the witnesses. People who knew each other from one town that were are all similar in age. Further none of these guys ever talked to each other while growing up about what was happening, but all at the same time they remember horrific abuse from 10 to 12 years earlier. Something there never did add up. The only thing that added up was the money, and these guys all got paid off big time.
Agreed. He'd never get a fair trial in PA. It would have to be in the federal courts and even then, I'm not sure how on the up and up it would be.

marshall23

Oct 7, 2021
What do they call people who have no recollection of a serious offense being committed upon them, but come up with details after they see they can cash in big time?

Liars.

What do they call politicians who react with indignation and seek to tear down others when they have the chance?

Opportunists

What do they call administrators who roll over to the chanting crowd when faced with a challenge?

Cowards

Penn State was brought down by liars, opportunists and cowards. We punished the innocent and awarded the worst among us. That was the real scandal in the Sandusky mess. It changed the way many of us relate to the University, and it will remain that way until an honest and open discussion takes place about the entire sordid mess.
Don't know if we've ever agreed on anything before, but you hit this on the sweet spot.

Pennst8

Oct 25, 2021
Agreed. He'd never get a fair trial in PA. It would have to be in the federal courts and even then, I'm not sure how on the up and up it would be.

Liars.

Opportunists

Cowards

Penn State was never "brought down". It was defended because a child rapist was hiding within the football program for 30 years.

Pennst8

Oct 25, 2021
Correct. But, he more than crossed the line. He raped children.

Rick76

Oct 13, 2021
It's political suicide to suggest that JS was treated unfairly. Same goes for defending Joe and the administrators. Doing so would appear to be defending a pedophile. It's safer to keep a low profile.
You would have thought that at the very least PSU hating law schools at Pitt and Temple would have piled on PSU, but they didn't. It must have been too toxic for anyone to touch.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I actually cut him some slack about 1998 (assuming it was innocent). Back in the day it was common for men/boys to use communal showers and horse around.

My issue is that once this was reported it should have scared the crap out of him and forced him to be ultra cautious going forward. Apparently it didn't and that tells me he had issues.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I actually cut him some slack about 1998 (assuming it was innocent). Back in the day it was common for men/boys to use communal showers and horse around.

My issue is that once this was reported it should have scared the crap out of him and forced him to be ultra cautious going forward. Apparently it didn't and that tells me he had issues.
But was it common for an unrelated man and boy to shower together with nobody else around in a multi-shower head shower and have physical contact? They didn’t “just” shower together, there was unnecessary physical contact.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
But was it common for an unrelated man and boy to shower together with nobody else around in a multi-shower head shower and have physical contact? They didn’t “just” shower together, there was unnecessary physical contact.
The mental gymnastics are coming out....you know how this ends.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
You missed the part where I said "assuming it was innocent".

I showered in communal showers throughout my youth. My father took me into several of them and I remember him horsing around with me.

Communal showers were all we had in high school. I remember our coach in there with us horsing around. My wife tells me that the girls had to remove their towels after showering so the teacher could verify that they got wet.

Times have changed.

P.S. I don't recall showering alone with an unrelated person but these kids didn't have a father figure. JS was the father figure. I'm not defending Sandusky but I am willing to give him a pass for 1998 if it was truly innocent. But like I said that should have been a wake up call causing him to be more careful going forward.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
You missed the part where I said "assuming it was innocent".

I showered in communal showers throughout my youth. My father took me into several of them and I remember him horsing around with me.

Communal showers were all we had in high school. I remember our coach in there with us horsing around. My wife tells me that the girls had to remove their towels after showering so the teacher could verify that they got wet.

Times have changed.

P.S. I don't recall showering alone with an unrelated person but these kids didn't have a father figure. JS was the father figure. I'm not defending Sandusky but I am willing to give him a pass for 1998 if it was truly innocent. But like I said that should have been a wake up call causing him to be more careful going forward.
I shouldn’t have bothered.
He wasn’t just showering alone with the unrelated boy with whom he was working in his role as a community agency mentor (unfathomable to anybody that has worked in such a role), but he had physical contact with him. Give him a pass if you wish, but there is absolutely no reason to do so.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
It’s disgusting that people in this thread are defending Sandusky.
IDK, are people actually defending him? I've seen responses that ask reasonable questions and I've also seen responses that have had the "facts" flat out wrong.
I'm just glad that after 2 years no one is taking about it anymore. :rolleyes: :cool:

Last edited:

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
IDK, are people actually defending him? I've seen responses that ask reasonable questions and I've also see responses that have "facts" flat out wrong.
I'm just glad that after 2 years no one is taking about it anymore. :rolleyes: :cool:

Agree... People are more questioning if he got a fair trial. That is not defending him. I am still amazed at how well the media controlled the narrative and the masses out there have the facts of the case wrong especially when dealing with Joe.

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
He wasn’t just showering alone with the unrelated boy with whom he was working in his role as a community agency mentor (unfathomable to anybody that has worked in such a role), but he had physical contact with him. Give him a pass if you wish, but there is absolutely no reason to do so.
This isn’t meant as a defense of JS, but a whole lot of people from different agencies/authorities gave JS a pass in ‘98. Not only for that, but for at least another shower occurrence with another youngster.

They then conveyed the information that no crime was committed to Schultz.

To top it off, my understanding is that one of the agencies didn’t even need to charge JS with a crime to hinder his access to kids by just giving him a certain designation. Someone whose job it is to look after the safety of children felt it wasn’t necessary.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Agree... People are more questioning if he got a fair trial. That is not defending him. I am still amazed at how well the media controlled the narrative and the masses out there have the facts of the case wrong especially when dealing with Joe.
That was the unfortunate part in all of this....the media mob mentality wanted to burn everything down. One man did this and he was a great groomer who disguised himself as the great family public servant. Put Jerry in a Priest outfit and you never ever hear about it other than another priest was molesting kids. The media made it about everyone at PSU besides Jerry. Joe had his kids at Jerry's house, you don't do that as a parent knowing what we know now. I get the outrage due to the crimes, but the focus needed to be on one man. People miss the signals all the time with predators like Jerry because they make themselves out to be saints.

My major issue with certain folks on the old site was the doxing of his victims prior to the names being out there, driving by the victims homes, and demonizing them as if it was their fault Jerry used kids from broken homes. It was very odd and most of it IMO was due to people being upset Joe was dragged through the mud too...didn't make it right. It was severely misguided IMO.

Reactions: bdgan and Bwifan

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
This isn’t meant as a defense of JS, but a whole lot of people from different agencies/authorities gave JS a pass in ‘98. Not only for that, but for at least another shower occurrence with another youngster.

They then conveyed the information that no crime was committed to Schultz.

To top it off, my understanding is that one of the agencies didn’t even need to charge JS with a crime to hinder his access to kids by just giving him a certain designation. Someone whose job it is to look after the safety of children felt it wasn’t necessary.
This tends to go off into the weeds. A lot of people/agencies screwed up with Sandusky. No doubt about that. But if you can (not you specifically, but the general “you”) forget all the rest of the stuff and just think about the ‘98 incident, it’s ridiculous to think it was just an harmless occurrence. There is a lot that you can debate about the whole Sandusky fiasco and not a whole lot known for sure. But we do know that he- as the director of an agency working with troubled and at-risk youth- chose to be alone with one of the youths, strip down naked with the youth, get in the shower with the youth, and have physical contact with the youth. There are no mental gymnastics that make that OK.

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
This tends to go off into the weeds. A lot of people/agencies screwed up with Sandusky. No doubt about that. But if you can (not you specifically, but the general “you”) forget all the rest of the stuff and just think about the ‘98 incident, it’s ridiculous to think it was just an harmless occurrence. There is a lot that you can debate about the whole Sandusky fiasco and not a whole lot known for sure. But we do know that he- as the director of an agency working with troubled and at-risk youth- chose to be alone with one of the youths, strip down naked with the youth, get in the shower with the youth, and have physical contact with the youth. There are no mental gymnastics that make that OK.

That is how is feel about JS. At best (stretching in large amounts to give him benefit of all doubt) he is making massive bad judgements being in the shower with youths and having physical contact with them especially when just the 2 of them (regardless of whether these were discounted later for physical contact). Just totally wrong. And it goes much worse from there giving him little to no benefit of the doubt.

Pennst8

Oct 25, 2021

You could not be more of a clueless person in this case. You know diddly squat.
You defend a child rapist all because you worship a football coach? Great character.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
I think insinuation is that many in Clinton County had their hand out looking for gifts, access and what not.

I still can't believe that the school received no heat for allowing a nonrelative sign a kid out of school. That is just insane.
JZ - who I haven't been in contact w/ in years - has this all right. He has the interviews. It's an unacceptable (to most) conclusion proven by an unlikable person though.

This went from free tickets to much, much more, and it really started with Dawn. What he has reported pretty much (or easily can) parallel everything I've ever been told from some trusted locals. It is what it is. I don't think about it anymore.

Last I'm commenting. Not going down this road again. And LaJolla - I'm funning w/ the Trump Jupiter comment.

Bears Club it looks like.

Last edited:

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Was at Jupiter Medical yesterday and had lunch at Lucky Shucks. Water a beautiful turquoise blue.

View attachment 569170
Next to my old office at the end of Clemons. Miss those desk views. That whole area just doesn't do it for me anymore. It had its time. Saw Broadway (the other new restaurant there) a few weeks ago. Still getting it around. He and Papale both.

Last edited:

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
You're taking Mike McQueary's word for this? Bad choice.

Reactions: marshall23

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021
Next to my old office at the end of Clemons. Miss those desk views. That whole area just doesn't do it for me anymore. It had its time. Saw Broadway (the other new restaurant there) a few weeks ago. Still getting it around. He and Papale both.
Vince and his daughter Gabby keep inviting me up to play golf in Tequesta. Be glad once that bridge is finally finished.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I think insinuation is that many in Clinton County had their hand out looking for gifts, access and what not.

I still can't believe that the school received no heat for allowing a nonrelative sign a kid out of school. That is just insane.
Ahhhhh…… got it. If they were victims, it certainly wouldn’t be the first time victims were treated as gold diggers. Then again, if they weren’t it certainly wouldn’t be the first time somebody claimed “victim” for a payoff.
The second part is another one of the many, many ways people/agencies screwed up.

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Vince and his daughter Gabby keep inviting me up to play golf in Tequesta. Be glad once that bridge is finally finished.
Gabby's very cool. Janet is a PSU grad. Diver and then gymnastics coach at Penn.

Just use Island Way. Or the detour. Another 8 months I think. Oh, and nothing wrong w/ throwing a twenty or two up there. ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bwifan

Latest posts