WBB Final Four teams

USMC1974

Feb 28, 2024
My predictions: South Carolina, Texas, LSU, and UConn. They all get there because they have elite coaches with experience in the Final Four. So does Stanford, but I’m not sure they can get by NC State. And I’d take Texas over both of them.

NC State reminds me a lot like South Carolina, style wise, and they'll give Stanford all they can handle. I think Vic can get Texas past Tara and Stanford.

Would love to see UCLA take down LSU, but I think west coast teams are soft, and LSU is not soft. Mulkey will figure out how to defend Iowa, but it won't be with Van Lith guarding Clark. I would like to get another shot at Iowa in the Final Four to make up for last year.

UConn is on a roll. If they face LSU in the Final Four, I expect the officiating to favor UConn... Reese will foul out, and Mulkey will get at least one technical.

I think we beat Indiana and ND to reach the final weekend. Neither win will be a blowout... ND is much better than when we played them in the season opener, but so are we.

That leaves South Carolina vs Texas and LSU vs UConn. South Carolina and UConn advance to the final. In that matchup, I like our chances. Watkins against Edwards will be a war. I think Breezy will get the nod to guard Paige Bueckers. Our deep bench will be the difference.

South Carolina win the natty, 80-73.

YMMV.

CCUIrmo

Mar 21, 2022
I think raven and fulwiley get the guard on Buekers. Henderson speed killed her a couple of years ago and those two can make her life tough.

Feb 24, 2024
My predictions: South Carolina, Texas, LSU, and UConn. They all get there because they have elite coaches with experience in the Final Four. So does Stanford, but I’m not sure they can get by NC State. And I’d take Texas over both of them.

NC State reminds me a lot like South Carolina, style wise, and they'll give Stanford all they can handle. I think Vic can get Texas past Tara and Stanford.

Would love to see UCLA take down LSU, but I think west coast teams are soft, and LSU is not soft. Mulkey will figure out how to defend Iowa, but it won't be with Van Lith guarding Clark. I would like to get another shot at Iowa in the Final Four to make up for last year.

UConn is on a roll. If they face LSU in the Final Four, I expect the officiating to favor UConn... Reese will foul out, and Mulkey will get at least one technical.

I think we beat Indiana and ND to reach the final weekend. Neither win will be a blowout... ND is much better than when we played them in the season opener, but so are we.

That leaves South Carolina vs Texas and LSU vs UConn. South Carolina and UConn advance to the final. In that matchup, I like our chances. Watkins against Edwards will be a war. I think Breezy will get the nod to guard Paige Bueckers. Our deep bench will be the difference.

South Carolina win the natty, 80-73.

YMMV.
My bracket is nearly identical except I have Stanford over Texas into the FF.

Latest posts