WBB Scholarship chart

Brian Shoemaker

Gamecock Central Founder+Publisher
Staff member
Aug 26, 2021
Chris Wellbaum covers women's basketball for Gamecock Central. He posted the following message earlier today on The Insiders Forum ...

SCHOLARSHIP LINK

Several of you have been asking for a scholarship breakdown, so I've put one together. It also contains links to player bios for the 2022 signing class (Talaysia Cooper and Ashlyn Watkins).

This is the first step in getting our recruiting index up and running. There's a lot of under the hood stuff that goes into it, but it's getting close.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
What does RS next to Amihere mean? She hasn't used a redshirt, so it must mean something else.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
If all the seniors leave, then Coach will have 2 extra scholarships. With 13 players on the rosters and 12 of them 5 star recruits, I don't see her bringing in a transfer to play immediately. Maybe a younger player might be an option. Otherwise, she's going to have to bring in a large 2023 class. Or maybe a large 2023 class is the plan. I'm not sure.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
What does RS next to Amihere mean? She hasn't used a redshirt, so it must mean something else.
She came into the program during the 2nd semester of what would have been her senior season to rehab her season ending injury.

As for transfers, I could see them going for Senior PG to help Raven as she the learns the ropes.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
She came into the program during the 2nd semester of what would have been her senior season to rehab her season ending injury.

As for transfers, I could see them going for Senior PG to help Raven as she the learns the ropes.
I definitely considered the possibility of a senior point guard. But Raven, Zia, Russell and Cooper were all listed as point guards or combo guards coming out of high school. Any minute a senior transfer PG plays will take minutes from those 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Russell left under those circumstances. I guess it will come down to how much confidence coach has in them.

Gamekem

Joined Apr 3, 2019
Feb 1, 2022
I definitely considered the possibility of a senior point guard. But Raven, Zia, Russell and Cooper were all listed as point guards or combo guards coming out of high school. Any minute a senior transfer PG plays will take minutes from those 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Russell left under those circumstances. I guess it will come down to how much confidence coach has in them.
Zia is more comfortable as a shooting guard(Dawn has mentioned her reluctance to do it) and Russell hardly plays. We need a steady hand at the PG and there's nothing like having experience at the position. It's a lot to ask of basically two freshmen to lead a national championship caliber team. Although Rivers could be an option as well she continues to log in minutes.

DarkCock

Joined Jan 21, 2006
Jan 30, 2022
Zia is more comfortable as a shooting guard(Dawn has mentioned her reluctance to do it) and Russell hardly plays. We need a steady hand at the PG and there's nothing like having experience at the position. It's a lot to ask of basically two freshmen to lead a national championship caliber team. Although Rivers could be an option as well she continues to log in minutes.
In general, that's true; however, Ty Harris did accomplish that feat. Ranking wise, Raven and Cooper are supposed to be better. Plus, there will be 4 seniors in the lineup with whomever starts. I have to trust coach on this one, whatever she chooses to do.

Reactions: Gamekem

Latest posts