We made the top ten!

LionJim

Heisman
Oct 12, 2021
16,511
22,690
113
The Big Ten is well represented with half of the top ten, but I wonder if this poll was before or after the recent frat activity.

I’m pretty sure that in the seventies Penn State would regularly hit the top ten in Playboy’s ranking of the best Party Schools. Playboy was the gold standard in those days, change my mind.
 

Steve JG

All-Conference
Mar 25, 2024
1,066
1,793
113
I’m pretty sure that in the seventies Penn State would regularly hit the top ten in Playboy’s ranking of the best Party Schools. Playboy was the gold standard in those days, change my mind.
yea there was one edition where they basically said PSU was in league of its own in regards to party school. Like unfair to compare to professionals or something like that
 

MtNittany

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
3,755
5,279
113
Anyone who's been to the Bowery Ball at Phi Delt knows the best Party School Ranking days are behind us now.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: LionJim

Catch1lion

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
4,197
7,148
113
yea there was one edition where they basically said PSU was in league of its own in regards to party school. Like unfair to compare to professionals or something like that
Yes I vaguely remember something like we were professional partiers and exempt from the competition.
 

CVLion

All-Conference
Oct 13, 2021
1,158
2,370
113
yea there was one edition where they basically said PSU was in league of its own in regards to party school. Like unfair to compare to professionals or something like that

I’ve heard this too, but I’m pretty sure I’ve also heard this exact same story told about multiple other schools. So, I don’t know that this isn’t an urban legend that just circulates through various fanbases.
 

LionsAndBears

All-Conference
Dec 7, 2009
2,410
4,319
113
I’m pretty sure that in the seventies Penn State would regularly hit the top ten in Playboy’s ranking of the best Party Schools. Playboy was the gold standard in those days, change my mind.

Playboy's high ranking of Slippery Rock back in the early 90s helped me make up my mind. I remember PSU was highly ranked as a big school and SRU was the same in the small school category.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Football Penn State-Northwestern notes: Wildcats to be without a starting offensive lineman; what does David Braun think of the Lions?
  2. 02 BWI Recruiting High School Recap: Future Penn State cornerbacks shine to close out September
  3. 03 BWI Football Leaving outcome to chance, Penn State's complementary football fails
  4. 04 BWI Football Wisconsin took away Penn State's best throw and stopped the run with one tweak: Film Review
  5. 05 BWI Football Penn State bowl projections: Where could the Lions play in the postseason after losing to Wisconsin?