WeAreSC Football AND Recruiting Q&A (9/13) - Submit Questions

Oneluve4u

Sep 1, 2021
Scott what's your overall feeling about the program moving forward after last night? Everyone from fans to for.er players have weighed in on the situation. You're pretty good at judging and getting a feel, what's your gut telling you about the elephant in the room?

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Do you think Bohner has the balls to fire Helton this season?
Bohn and USC won't dedicate the resources they are to the football program and let what happened Saturday keep happening....without change at the top. They've don't everything within their power to give Clay what he needs to be successful.

USC1

Aug 24, 2017
What happened to Foreman, Christon, Michael Jackson, ITS and Figs? (Not playing, not there spring sensation, burnt all night, what is his status)

Raymond Scott one tackle the whole game really? Is Solomon ready to to contribute.

Running backs collectively ran hard and OL did a good job when is somebody going to ask
Harrell why not ditch the anemic passing game and keep running it until the other team commits to stopping it. We averaged 5.6 yards a carry.

who gets fired first Harrell or Clay?

GilbertAZTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Question, Has Helton been fired yet? Hahahaha...no seriously, has Helton been fired yet?

Clay has to know in his heart that his tenure at USC is all but over. If it's only a matter of when rather than if, why doesn't Helton just walk right now?

Reactions: gubo&palanka

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Scott what's your overall feeling about the program moving forward after last night? Everyone from fans to for.er players have weighed in on the situation. You're pretty good at judging and getting a feel, what's your gut telling you about the elephant in the room?

They players were extremely surprised how poorly they played Saturday. A few linemen are wondering why the Stanford D was not only calling out the original play calls, but also audbles. It was not a very uplifting mood after the game. A few guys are wondering why they're not playing, so the staff needs to stay on this.

But this sint unusual after a blowout loss anywhere. This loss just surprised the guys quite a bit. Not the losing part, but the how part.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
What happened to Foreman, Christon, Michael Jackson, ITS and Figs? (Not playing, not there spring sensation, burnt all night, what is his status)

Raymond Scott one tackle the whole game really? Is Solomon ready to to contribute.

Running backs collectively ran hard and OL did a good job when is somebody going to ask
Harrell why not ditch the anemic passing game and keep running it until the other team commits to stopping it. We averaged 5.6 yards a carry.

I want to know what happened to John Jackson III too. Many on the team also want to know why he's not playing. He's been a dude all Fall in practice. It's really odd how we're seeing a lot of stuff in practice not making it to the Coliseum on Saturday. From personnel, to packages and execution (which matters, but not the main issue Offensively).

Foreman got 13 reps in the first game and I felt that wasn't an issue, but he needs to increases his reps each week. Michael Trigg needs to play more, especially in the red zone.

The last question is a good one.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Ii would like to know if Christon's problems happened before OR after last week's game? Perhaps he was pissed off that he wasn't used OR was the incident before the game?
I haven't asked about his situation yet, but it's pretty clear he's not likely to play much either way.

in2nation

Aug 24, 2017
They players were extremely surprised how poorly they played Saturday. A few linemen are wondering why the Stanford D was not only calling out the original play calls, but also audbles. It was not a very uplifting mood after the game. A few guys are wondering why they're not playing, so the staff needs to stay on this.

But this sint unusual after a blowout loss anywhere. This loss just surprised the guys quite a bit. Not the losing part, but the how part.
I’ve heard a lot about the furd being able to interfere with the audibles. I guess they try it every time we play, but the conf champ game a few years back was when I heard about it. Guess they’re still up to that and did a good job last night.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Scott if they go into notre dame week with more then one loss do you think we will have an interim
I would be surprised if Clay is still head coach after another loss, because at some point you're going to significantly hinder recruiting to unrecoverable levels. One reason several kids aren't committed right now is they have doubts about USC. Obviously Saturday doesn't help that, but another loss and kids could have no doubt...that USC ain't a good option.

Relationships matter with recruiting and overall the USC staff gets high marks, but kids ultimately need more than that. The kids USC is pursuing have great options.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Here's a recruiting question: Who the **** stll wants to go to USC and play for Helton and get beat up every week and regress in their careers after watching the Standford debacle?
Recruits are a bit less emotional about USC losing than fans and most didn't even see the game, but I get what you're saying. One loss doesn't do that though.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Thank you. He's going to be a good one and a real anchor no matter who coaches the team. Guess I really spoke to soon last night about sleeping better. It's going to be a very busy time over the coming weeks.
It's really ironic so far after two games, because the two main issues offensively heading into this season were the run game and On-line. I know I wasn't expecting the passing game to be hot garbage

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I keep looking for info on where Korey Foreman was last night. I didn’t see him in the game at all, which caught me as a complete surprise, especially with Figuroa at less than 100%. Please clarify the Foreman situation. Thanks Scott.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
I keep looking for info on where Korey Foreman was last night. I didn’t see him in the game at all, which caught me as a complete surprise, especially with Figuroa at less than 100%. Please clarify the Foreman situation. Thanks Scott.
I'll need to ask for that. I don't know what the issue is or was right now.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

J4SC1975

Aug 30, 2021

They are tied at the hip - both need to go.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
But Scott - Its been seven years of this same old crap, not just one game :-(. The path to the NFL no longer goes through USC a long as Helton is there.

I'm not trying to argue that it hasn't been an issue, but this is new group of recruits dealing with relatively new coaches on one side of the ball. One game ain't gonna get most decommiting. Heck, not many are committed anyway.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Recruits are a bit less emotional about USC losing than fans and most didn't even see the game, but I get what you're saying. One loss doesn't do that though.
Christen Miller-
“I’m no longer considering USC,” Miller said. “It’s down to Ohio State and Georgia. My last official visit will be to Georgia.”
However, Miller has now scheduled an official visit to Oregon the weekend of Nov. 13.
Miller plans to announce his college choice on Jan. 7 at the All-American Bowl.”- From Ohio State 247.

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Christen Miller-
“I’m no longer considering USC,” Miller said. “It’s down to Ohio State and Georgia. My last official visit will be to Georgia.”
However, Miller has now scheduled an official visit to Oregon the weekend of Nov. 13.
Miller plans to announce his college choice on Jan. 7 at the All-American Bowl.”- From Ohio State 247.
He's not committed and that's what the topic was. You know me well enough to know I would never claim the loss was to Stanford was insignificant. Doubt is the No. 1 reason kids don't commit and why they waver. That game Saturday would certainly cause me to doubt USC.

Reactions: gubo&palanka

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
He's not committed and that's what the topic was. You know me well enough to know I would never claim the loss was to Stanford was insignificant. Doubt is the No. 1 reason kids don't commit and why they waver. That game Saturday would certainly cause me to doubt USC.
No doubt Scott. Christen has no idea who the head coach or his position coach is going to be.