West Iredell...

Gbro34636

Redshirt
Oct 31, 2025
3
14
3
Best start to the season since Jerome Henderson's senior season ('86). The '86 team went 10-0 before losing a heartbreaker in the first round. That '86 season was a huge turnaround compared to the year before in '85 when they finished 2-8, awfully similar to this year's team but the 2-8 season came 2 years ago. Coach Fitz and Coach Wilson (Newton-Conover's coach now) deserve a lot of credit for the program's turnaround. Before Wilson came in 2022 the program was struggling hard with numbers and was close to being in a West Caldwell situation. But Wilson brought back excitement into the program and brought the numbers in the summer to almost triple digits. This senior class was his freshman class before he left. Coach Fitz then picked up the program and has kept up the progress to get to where we are now. The week-by-week development that he and his coaching staff (one of the best in the state) has done to this team is extraordinary. We were excited for our first home playoff game in decades last year, and now we are looking forward to trying to stay at home for as long as we can.
 

Mr.Blue&Gray

Junior
May 1, 2021
290
299
63
Best start to the season since Jerome Henderson's senior season ('86). The '86 team went 10-0 before losing a heartbreaker in the first round. That '86 season was a huge turnaround compared to the year before in '85 when they finished 2-8, awfully similar to this year's team but the 2-8 season came 2 years ago. Coach Fitz and Coach Wilson (Newton-Conover's coach now) deserve a lot of credit for the program's turnaround. Before Wilson came in 2022 the program was struggling hard with numbers and was close to being in a West Caldwell situation. But Wilson brought back excitement into the program and brought the numbers in the summer to almost triple digits. This senior class was his freshman class before he left. Coach Fitz then picked up the program and has kept up the progress to get to where we are now. The week-by-week development that he and his coaching staff (one of the best in the state) has done to this team is extraordinary. We were excited for our first home playoff game in decades last year, and now we are looking forward to trying to stay at home for as long as we can.
West Iredell in 1986 won the 1st Rd defeated Central Cabaruss 31-0, but lost 14-6 to Concord in Round 2. I believe this West Iredell is going to compete for a State Championship.
 

oldburkeman

Senior
Aug 23, 2025
410
568
93
And you know this MAN !!!!!
Shoulda added a few more aaaaa's in there to get the big "Smoky" effect LOL

Deeply impressed with this team and performace. When they beat the brakes off of EB last year and this year at first I wrote it off as well your good but you just beat up on a struggling team lets see how you hold up against Hickory and EL and Maiden. Well, they sure didnt disappoint. Hickory and EL coulda won those games but its all good baby. I've got super old family ties in West Iredell and North Iredell and even Statesville but not much on Statesville.

Id say one of the only things in their way now is Hibriten/Cramer later on in the rounds unless theres a team I totally forgot bout in the West LOL. No worries bout Tuscola but be a good game though if they meet for alittle bit
 
  • Like
Reactions: Grey-Green and Gold

BurnsBulldog02

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2016
1,285
2,448
97
Shoulda added a few more aaaaa's in there to get the big "Smoky" effect LOL

Deeply impressed with this team and performace. When they beat the brakes off of EB last year and this year at first I wrote it off as well your good but you just beat up on a struggling team lets see how you hold up against Hickory and EL and Maiden. Well, they sure didnt disappoint. Hickory and EL coulda won those games but its all good baby. I've got super old family ties in West Iredell and North Iredell and even Statesville but not much on Statesville.

Id say one of the only things in their way now is Hibriten/Cramer later on in the rounds unless theres a team I totally forgot bout in the West LOL. No worries bout Tuscola but be a good game though if they meet for alittle bit
Nobody else in the west??? Ok…. 😎
 
  • Haha
Reactions: beamer24

Vik-Val 86

All-American
May 20, 2020
9,964
8,580
113
Injuries can play factor on any team especially good teams that can make a run. Seen West Iredell QB went out with ankle injury. Anyone know his condition. I hope as many players from any team can stay injured free as much as possible
 

beamer24

All-American
Jul 16, 2009
8,542
8,263
113
Injuries can play factor on any team especially good teams that can make a run. Seen West Iredell QB went out with ankle injury. Anyone know his condition. I hope as many players from any team can stay injured free as much as possible
Most ankle injuries can be rehabed pretty quickly. He may not be able to run as well but I've seen kids on crutches 1 week and playing the next.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Vik-Val 86

BurnsBulldog02

All-Conference
Aug 21, 2016
1,285
2,448
97
You know what...dang i aint gonna lie I couldkn't think of Burns for some reason. I will stand corrected right now bud. Thank you. Sorry I got alot on the mind. Any prayer warriors I appreciate your prayers
Brother, I’m only giving you a hard time. I know you meant well. You mentioned some great teams and I fully expect a war come playoff time. Every team you mentioned is capable of winning it all.
Prayers to you and your family my friend.
 
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Solomon Award Watch
  2. 02 NC Preps Kings Mountain’s Jordan Jenkins Having Impressive Freshman Season
  3. 03 NC Preps Games to Watch: Week 8
  4. 04 NC Preps G7 Football Player of the Week: Week 7
  5. 05 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7