What a relief.

RUMMENIGGE

Senior
Dec 14, 2016
1,177
804
113
I know that these two teams were members of the Big Eight and Big 12 and they border each other but how can this be intense rivalry. With the exception of a few years usually Kansas lose more games than the win each season and likely have lost to FCS teams. I think it would more of a rivalry in basketball.



 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lurker123

PrestonyteParrot

All-Conference
May 28, 2024
3,216
3,189
113
Everybody has a phone with a camera these days and all the athletes want to go viral while most coaches do not want this to be a thing. Except the "Ruler of the Rouge". Kiffin is chasing the cameras - "look at me"!
 

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,308
3,039
113
I know that these two teams were members of the Big Eight and Big 12 and they border each other but how can this be intense rivalry. With the exception of a few years usually Kansas lose more games than the win each season and likely have lost to FCS teams. I think it would more of a rivalry in basketball.




I spent some time in KC, Missouri. There are times when you drive between the 2 states on a commute to work.
The hatred between these 2 schools is indeed deep and intense.
 

RUMMENIGGE

Senior
Dec 14, 2016
1,177
804
113
I spent some time in KC, Missouri. There are times when you drive between the 2 states on a commute to work.
The hatred between these 2 schools is indeed deep and intense.
To me this would be equivalent to South Carolina winning a football game in Winston Salem and beating on Wake Forest Demon Deacon drum. I do not doubt you about the strong dislike for each other but just wondering why because historically Kansas is not a competitive football program.
 

Harvard Gamecock

All-Conference
May 5, 2014
3,308
3,039
113
To me this would be equivalent to South Carolina winning a football game in Winston Salem and beating on Wake Forest Demon Deacon drum. I do not doubt you about the strong dislike for each other but just wondering why because historically Kansas is not a competitive football program.
I was told it goes back to events in the Civil War. The residents in each state just hate each other, and the hatred transfers to the schools.
Don't ask me to explain, I just passed it off as being some of their idiosyncrasies.
 

RUMMENIGGE

Senior
Dec 14, 2016
1,177
804
113
I was told it goes back to events in the Civil War. The residents in each state just hate each other, and the hatred transfers to the schools.
Don't ask me to explain, I just passed it off as being some of their idiosyncrasies.
yeah, I do recall hearing the last few days.
 

3USC1801

Joined Dec 10, 2020
Dec 10, 2020
1,286
3,474
113
I was told it goes back to events in the Civil War. The residents in each state just hate each other, and the hatred transfers to the schools.
Don't ask me to explain, I just passed it off as being some of their idiosyncrasies.
Correct. Actually, it goes back before the Civil War. Abolitionist versus slave owners. Kansas put out the video below and Drinkiwitz was angry over it, especially since the game was played on 9/11 and he didn’t think it had any place in football. I agree.




This is what he said about the video after the game:

 
Last edited:

DannyTree1

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2026
391
177
43
My wife's cousins and their spouses all went to Kansas for college. They indeed hate Missouri- talk about it every time we are together- always saying to us they hope we beat Missouri in every sport.
 

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
6,960
5,726
113
My wife's cousins and their spouses all went to Kansas for college. They indeed hate Missouri- talk about it every time we are together- always saying to us they hope we beat Missouri in every sport.

Color me surprised that in yet another conversation, you supposedly have a personal connection that gives you such insight.
 

Uscg1984

All-Conference
Mar 9, 2006
2,706
3,527
113
To me this would be equivalent to South Carolina winning a football game in Winston Salem and beating on Wake Forest Demon Deacon drum. I do not doubt you about the strong dislike for each other but just wondering why because historically Kansas is not a competitive football program.
Well, Mizzou leads the all-time series 58-55-9. That's a lot more even than some other, um, intense rivalries.
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
 
  • Haha
Reactions: SouthernBelly

RUMMENIGGE

Senior
Dec 14, 2016
1,177
804
113
Well, Mizzou leads the all-time series 58-55-9. That's a lot more even than some other, um, intense rivalries.
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
You are correct. I am assumed that Missouri was always better, but Missouri had bad football progam as well
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Baseball Recruiting 'Dream come true': RHP Bradley Anderson's fascinating full-circle journey to South Carolina
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina secondary moving forward after difficult start to conference play
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Comparing South Carolina's roster talent to this week's opponent, the Kentucky Wildcats
  4. 04 GamecockCentral This is How Bad South Carolina Football Needs a Win | The Long View
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina football extends record sellout streak