What is the "best seat in the house" at Williams-Brice?

Prestonite

Feb 1, 2022
Can those who have spent years watching Gamecock football please share your thoughts on this topic? Where and why?

Poultrygeist

Jan 20, 2022
I was lucky to have a friend who had the first row seats in section 305 (first row of the upper deck, on the West side). His seats were the first four seats, so we were on about the 47 yard line. It was kind of like having a big screen tv in front of you. You didn’t have to worry about anyone standing up in front of you. There was extra leg room in front of you and a rail you could hang your coat on etc.

Jan 21, 2022
West side section 7 row 20, seats 23 and 24. somewhere in the neighborhood. My dad's tickets for 35 years before he passed away in 1997... Gamecock club member for a price of $100.00. Couldn't get those seats after he passed away and at the time the Gamecock Club said I needed to upgrade for $1,000 to keep those seats...

Reactions: Myrtlecock

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
This will be my 40th year on the West Ramp, we used to be on top level, then the high school kids figured it out so we had to go one level down. The irritating part is they aren’t really watching the game and are loitering at best. During a game last year a few of them were tossing crap at fans in the west lower. Security finally clears them out, and me and our crew got to reclaim the top Level as the rugrats were shoved back to the WB concourses . And Brig. Gen. Zebuliah Noland saved the Vandy Game.
my rules,
1a. Tailgate with friends & family whenever the opportunity is there (including WBB, BB, Softball & on occasion men’s basketball)
1. Don’t miss home games
2. Almost never leave early (I admit Bobby Bowden showed me my first early exit during my childhood).

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
This will be my 40th year on the West Ramp, we used to be on top level, then the high school kids figured it out so we had to go one level down. The irritating part is they aren’t really watching the game and are loitering at best. During a game last year a few of them were tossing crap at fans in the west lower. Security finally clears them out, and me and our crew got to reclaim the top Level as the rugrats were shoved back to the WB concourses . And Brig. Gen. Zebuliah Noland saved the Vandy Game.
my rules,
1a. Tailgate with friends & family whenever the opportunity is there (including WBB, BB, Softball & on occasion men’s basketball)
1. Don’t miss home games
2. Almost never leave early (I admit Bobby Bowden showed me my first early exit during my childhood).
& hey Buffalo Bills, we squib kicked it, pinned our Defense Ears back & closed out the game.
Coaching Decisions and basics matter

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
First row in the upper deck are always the best seats in the house. Best viewing in pretty much 99% of stadiums for the "regular people" like I am. Lower deck, 30 rows up, 50 yard line are the money seats for a reason - but if you have those chances are it's not about the football.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
I was lucky to have a friend who had the first row seats in section 305 (first row of the upper deck, on the West side). His seats were the first four seats, so we were on about the 47 yard line. It was kind of like having a big screen tv in front of you. You didn’t have to worry about anyone standing up in front of you. There was extra leg room in front of you and a rail you could hang your coat on etc.
Those would be really great seats. I had seats in that same section but about halfway up the upper deck and a little farther down the aisle - just left of the 50-yardline. Fine seats.

Fowlmoodin99

Joined Oct 28, 1998
Jan 20, 2022
My old section 306 west uppers under press box. About the 40 yard line 20 something rows up. Like having box seats without the price. Sat there for about 30 years.

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
You are hurting me shoe!!!
I have to watch the same super bowl you do.
The Rams know how to buy a team & Joe Bureaux is just catching wins when his opponents mess up.
Josh Allen did his part, the coaches did not.

PD-Cock

Jan 29, 2022
First 10 or so of our 40yrs, upper deck 2 rows from top of WB. Sat thru driving rain, howling winds & dodging dive bombing pigeons all while dreaming of time when we could afford to move below. By the time we'd get back to parking spot most people with us were packing up to head home.
Moved to section one & now have to deal w/ corporate seats given/sold to opposing fans. Family beside us have been life long GC fans, we never know who'll be in front, beside or behind us. They sure ain't pulling for our beloved Gamecocks.
If my knees could take it I'd go back to our old seats. In very least, if we're get'n whooped, was able to stretch out & take in the lights of the Cola skyline.

RAtheOLcoach

Jan 20, 2022
Got invited to sit in one of the 200 level club suite seats a few years back. it was Miss Dodie Anderson‘s box. We played Akron. But the suite stole the show. My 6 year old son at the time got to meet cocky, shake some hands, and we pigged out on an incredible amount of food. Had a great time, and the seats are high enough to see everything like first row upper deck, but low enough to feel involved. Plus they’re covered so no rain! Made up my mind that day, that one day I’ll have the same thing.

Reactions: mannblack

GuitarCock

Jan 25, 2022
The Zone or the suites. Out of the elements and access to amenities. You can barely beg someone to go with you to the Zone these days. If you ask them to sit in the sun they will flat refuse.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
The Zone or the suites. Out of the elements and access to amenities. You can barely beg someone to go with you to the Zone these days. If you ask them to sit in the sun they will flat refuse.
The Zone and anything nicer than the Zone are almost too soft for football. Yep, I'm speaking from experience.

Michael Beckham

Gamecock Central Moderator
Staff member
Jan 5, 2022
Probably mine, but I’ve been there so long I wouldn’t know any better.

You’d have to ask @Wes Mitchell how they compare.

The only way I would leave them is if I was filthy rich and had a luxury box.

Reactions: bayrooster

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
“amenities”? I left them @ the tailgate!🙃
1000% this, we used to sneak in mini bottles, but now we don't have too. Still better to pour a crown royal into a sprite, but as we get older our drinking keeps decreasing so, a beer in the first half followed by a water at halftime seems to have replaced the drinking

Reactions: King Ward

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Probably mine, but I’ve been there so long I wouldn’t know any better.

You’d have to ask @Wes Mitchell how they compare.

The only way I would leave them is if I was filthy rich and had a luxury box.

I've been in some of the club level stuff and other than buying a drink........ I don't feel the electricity of being outside.
Granted its a lot warmer and dryer.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
1000% this, we used to sneak in mini bottles, but now we don't have too. Still better to pour a crown royal into a sprite, but as we get older our drinking keeps decreasing so, a beer in the first half followed by a water at halftime seems to have replaced the drinking
Is that a matter of increasing maturity or self-preservation? ;)

Horseshoe04

Joined Jan 5, 2014
Jan 21, 2022
Is that a matter of increasing maturity or self-preservation? ;)
a little of both. Same thing in Golf. Especially if we play 36.
I will nurse a beer or 2 tops on the first back 9, and a legit lunch/snack between rounds. The second 18 (usually captn choice) we can be a little more liberal especially in Santee where there is no driving back, we literally drive by the condos on 1, 7, & 15(if you know the short cut). Never disrespect the birdie bottle, you don't have to do a full shot, but turning away the birdie bottle (especially in a team setting) is bad karma.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
a little of both. Same thing in Golf. Especially if we play 36.
I will nurse a beer or 2 tops on the first back 9, and a legit lunch/snack between rounds. The second 18 (usually captn choice) we can be a little more liberal especially in Santee where there is no driving back, we literally drive by the condos on 1, 7, & 15(if you know the short cut). Never disrespect the birdie bottle, you don't have to do a full shot, but turning away the birdie bottle (especially in a team setting) is bad karma.
I'll be doing some day trips to Santee this spring. My brother lives at Johns Island and he meets me and some of my friends there. It's a "dry" round, though. ;)

Reactions: Horseshoe04

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don't remember the section number, but I loved the one year I spent sitting in the south end zone lower level. The seats sucked when the action was at the other end of the field, but there's something about the excitement of seeing a Gamecock break free and run toward you for a TD that made it worth it. I love being in the thick of the crowd too. I'd take any seat on the lower level over any seat in the upper decks.

Reactions: COCKYUSCFAN

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
We moved out....worst seats IMHO
Dad has 12 seats, 2 in the zone. We have to take turns sitting in the zone because none of us like it. End zone is good if you're there to scout or evaluate players. The other seats are on row 4 and 5 in section 506. Much better to watch the game. I was in the zone and had a great view of Kimrey's fade though.

Silverspur02

Joined Jan 26, 2006 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Moved into Section 203 last year. Just like the Zone minus 3,000 people. Oh, and it's not in the endzone where you can't see the other end of the field.