What made Nick Saban go on a rant about Alabama football fans at radio show

troutrus

Oct 7, 2021
Saban once said “I could stand in the middle of fifth ave and shoot somebody and not lose support as head coach” at Alabama.

Nitt1300

Oct 12, 2021
When Saban leaves they will really have something to cry about

84lion

Oct 7, 2021
I thought the same about Ohio State when Meyer left but they had “infrastructure“ to keep winning. Bama has “infrastructure“ too.
Exactly the kind of "infrastructure" that Penn State needs...and will never have.

psu31trap

Oct 29, 2021
Uncle Nick and Alabama squeaked by a 6-6 Auburn team in OT today. In a previous thread I said that Bama was very beatable this year.

Last edited:

Psubart1

Oct 30, 2021
"I mean, c'mon. Give me a break," Saban said. "This is not professional football. These guys aren't getting paid to play here. They're representing you all. You should be proud and happy to support them and appreciate what they do and have some gratitude."

The applause and woo-hoos are held steady as Saban's voice raised and pushed the limits of the microphone.

"You know what else?," Saban said. "Nobody wants to win worse than they do. Not me, not you, I don't care what kind of fan you are. Nobody wants to win more than the players that play. Nobody."
Isn’t his QB getting like $1.3 million? No regular student is getting that.

Psubart1

Oct 30, 2021
Schools and coaches ask fans to pony up thousands of dollars for season tickets. Now the players can get paid whatever a booster wants to pay them.

I don’t think it is unfair to ask questions or express disappointment when the product they ask us to pay for is less than good. What PSU as a whole did today at MSU was awful. You can’t get any yardage in multiple short yardage situations? Fumble twice in the fourth quarter? Miss a field goal and an extra point? The line looked have decent last week, why did we not work some of those kids in today?

Nits1989

Oct 29, 2021
Yes, you tell him! He's a little busy preparing for another national championship. And you?
Hey, you’re back, you were missing in action for awhile after the last game! I don’t think anyone was surprised by that.

Last edited: