What must Penn State wrestling do in the finals to break the NCAA scoring record after the medal round?

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
“Other coaches are out drinking, ours are doing our laundry”…

…other writers are out cold, @GregPickel is crunching the numbers!
Ha, I'm sure many others were trying to piece it together as well. It's a little bit tricky to write about though just because of all of the variables with potential bonus points.

Reactions: DC89

darkknight

Jun 11, 2023
What about points received for losing in the finals? Is it just 1 point like losing in the consolation semis? Per your assessment, one will lose and finish 2nd, which likely earns something to help the cause.

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
So we need 15 points to BREAK the record (I don’t think tying it would feel any more satisfying than failing short)…

…as many have said, 4/6 wins gets us there with 16…

…crunching the numbers, if only 3 winners, they would need a total of 3 bonus points…

…that could be a pin and a tech OR major, two techs, or three majors…(please check my math @GregPickel )…

…sounds like a taller order than four decisions!

Reactions: WV lion

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
They said there would be no math! I double and triple checked this but it was also at 1 am after a long day of wrestling so if anyone has any corrections for me please issue them below. Thanks!

posting at 7:42 am (and writing at 1 am)? The 1 am part I'm good with, as I'm a night owl. But posting at 7:42 am, ouch. I had enough trouble getting up in time for today's 11 am start. ;)

Nice job, @GregPickel

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
posting at 7:42 am (and writing at 1 am)? The 1 am part I'm good with, as I'm a night owl. But posting at 7:42 am, ouch. I had enough trouble getting up in time for today's 11 am start. ;)

Nice job, @GregPickel
Ha, I don't sleep so good. The dogs were ready to get up and get moving anyway as they snoozed right through the Friday evening session right through to this morning.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I take Thursday and Friday off, not because I can't work around work, but I tend to sleep like crap heading in, I am up way to late ( for me ) after these session and will need a long nap Sunday afternoon. Having multiple TV's set up is great but I am realizing I am in a state of sensory overload.

I don't know how the staff and the team do it.

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
That's why you're the best. Working tirelessly at night to write this. I woke up this morning looking around.
Kasak's "dominating win" over number one seed Lovett to comeback and take third was a terrific achievement!

Latest posts