When you are down remember this, things can always get worse

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
This one is better looking, better driving - just an all-around better car for many purposes.
Very nice, but, and this is admittedly a bit trivial, but I really don't like the Ferrari badges on the front quarter panels. Viewed from the side they are tacky, appear stuck on, and detract from the visual flow.

5f9871940c60aa00190d4a23.jpeg

5f98719c0c60aa00190d4a2f.jpeg

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I absolutely hate cars, especially the expense. I never understood the fascination with the beasts? The most beautiful car in the world is my 2011 Hyundai that has been paid for since 2017. I also hate driving. If I can ever afford a self driving car I will get one. I’ll take it to Pep Boys for checkups, but the thing will never be washed or vacuumed out.

I have served my time in hell, driving 30,000 miles some years visiting construction sites in four states.
I did the same job. Rocked a nc2 Miata

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
Very nice, but, and this is admittedly a bit trivial, but I really don't like the Ferrari badges on the front quarter panels. Viewed from the side they are tacky, appear stuck on, and detract from the visual flow.

View attachment 579613

View attachment 579611
The Ferrari Roma is $350K in the showroom - the badge is a status symbol where it is. In several years the price will be less and very affordable for your errands and such. Even the 409 in the movie 'Sabrina' (1995) is wonderful today. I am not a fan of the California model, though.
However if you look at the Aston Martin DB11 - great car and price for somewhere around $150K.

What a dilemma for a decision .......

• Haha
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
The Ferrari Roma is $350K in the showroom - the badge is a status symbol where it is. In several years the price will be less and very affordable for your errands and such. Even the 409 in the movie 'Sabrina' (1995) is wonderful today. I am not a fan of the California model, though.
However if you look at the Aston Martin DB11 - great car and price for somewhere around $150K.

What a dilemma for a decision .......
Not to be pretentious, but my status is not dependent on symbols, Ferrari or otherwise. That said, I know many feel differently, but I still think it looks cheap where it is and detracts from the beauty of the car. The Ferrari symbols and name, front and rear, are however, tastefully done. Somewhat related, a decade ago I bought a car from a rather exclusive dealer. When I went to pick it up I found the dealer nameplate on the trunk, not as a license plate frame, but affixed to the trunk. I told them take it off or I would not take the car. The salesman refused, the Manager refused, but, as I was headed out the door, the owner stopped me and said, "give us 10 minutes". I did and the nameplate was removed. All that aside, I have no idea what my next car will be but the decision is nearly a year away so I will ponder it at length.:unsure:

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
The Rick loves cars and gives zero fvcks image wise about what a non car guy thinks of his sled. I dd this 4 seasons for 7 years to prove my point (miss it every day)

Reactions: fairgambit

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I like Mazdas. Besides my RX-8, I got 125,000 happy miles out of a 626.
I put a bigger engine in that (2.0 to 2.5) cams good win racing headers back, full suspension that little fvcker ripped. Moms begged me to sell it, I was leaving Chicago 5 am Friday mornings to visit 1 and 2 on football weekends getting home after dark Sunday nites, moms was freaking out.

Reactions: fairgambit

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
I put a bigger engine in that (2.0 to 2.5) cams good win racing headers back, full suspension that little fvcker ripped. Moms begged me to sell it, I was leaving Chicago 5 am Friday mornings to visit 1 and 2 on football weekends getting home after dark Sunday nites, moms was freaking out.
I recall a friend who had a 1993 RX-7, similar to the one below, that he drove with abandon. He told me he occasionally ran at around 150 on business trips he made to Chicago, usually leaving Pittsburgh after dark.

1993-Mazda-RX-7-Coupe-Red-JM1FD3318P0207699_001.jpeg

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
The Porsche is the universal car of the colossal d-bag with a tiny wiener. It's science.

I've had to resist buying a Maserati Levante, because I don't want to own a V8, and I've heard the V6 version isn't worthwhile.

1716511958213.png

Of course now they discontinued the Levante and replaced it with the Grecale, which I'm not a fan of ... so back to the drawing board ...

retsio

Oct 13, 2021
Not to be pretentious, but my status is not dependent on symbols, Ferrari or otherwise. That said, I know many feel differently, but I still think it looks cheap where it is and detracts from the beauty of the car. The Ferrari symbols and name, front and rear, are however, tastefully done. Somewhat related, a decade ago I bought a car from a rather exclusive dealer. When I went to pick it up I found the dealer nameplate on the trunk, not as a license plate frame, but affixed to the trunk. I told them take it off or I would not take the car. The salesman refused, the Manager refused, but, as I was headed out the door, the owner stopped me and said, "give us 10 minutes". I did and the nameplate was removed. All that aside, I have no idea what my next car will be but the decision is nearly a year away so I will ponder it at length.:unsure:
I am not insistent that anyone have a distinctive, fashionable or fast car. After many, many years of company cars and plane rides to all places for sales representation/administration - finally a Mercedes GLE 350 is the right size and comfortable enough.
In another life, I worked with Penske at MIS in Brooklyn, MI, walked Jeff Gordon around for time trials and told Mario to slow down and not hit the fans. Speed is always impressive combined with the beauty of design - perhaps that is why my penchant has always been classic sports cars - old and new ones. Have you seen the latest Morgan Midsummer with PiniaFarina updated design?
Hopefully we will always choose the best car that suits our tastes.

kgilbert78

Oct 25, 2021
The only way I'd ever get in a Ferrari....

15 Euros at the Ferrari Museum in Maranello

Attachments

• ferrari.jpg
    ferrari.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Reactions: LionJim