Where USC Stands With 5-Star Offensive Linemen Josh Conerly & Devon Campbell

qqqqqqqman

Aug 24, 2017
Here’s hoping……hope they truly understand the situation, hope they see how much they are needed, hope they loved campus and the Coli, hope they value an ‘SC education and contacts, hope they stay open minded and uncommitted, hope we get a strong coaching staff.

Is that too much to hope for? 😰

ScottSchrader

WeAreSC Staff
Staff member
Aug 21, 2021
Here’s hoping……hope they truly understand the situation, hope they see how much they are needed, hope they loved campus and the Coli, hope they value an ‘SC education and contacts, hope they stay open minded and uncommitted, hope we get a strong coaching staff.

Is that too much to hope for? 😰
I'm mildly surprised 😲

Michael Connolly

Jun 30, 2021
the "USC has to win" stipulation is both understandable and frustrating. Understandable because what top player (especially OOS ones) want to be part of a rebuild, frustrating because we are objectively talented enough to win 9+ games but likely won't because of factors outside of our athletes' control.

eftzoons

Sep 12, 2021
I do believe that what looms ahead for college football, maybe three more full years of the swaggering killer pirate with a patch over one eye, one Jaxson Dart, that we have got some real good shots at vastly better O linemen. In a fabulous interview on TOS with Sua Cravvens, he was very calm and self controlled UNTILL the name Jaxson Dart came up, and then, even though Dart had yet to see the field Sua waxed wildly poetic in his outrageous praise for ONE EYED JAX: "Annnnnnnn absolute baller. EVERYONE flocks to him, O and D players BOTH. He has it. He just has it. Big time wheels, huge rocket for an arm, a natural and outrageous swagger which he always backs up by just balling out. A born leader. Amazing the way he magnetically ATTRACTS other players, who just love to talk with him and simply love to BE around him. Pure magic, Flowing lion like mane.Fearless. Confident beyond his youthful age. Instilling great confidence in all his team mates who love playing with him. I mean What more could you ever ask for?"

Words to that effect,anyhow. Y'see dudes like Jax are generational players. And once he becomes a tad more seasoned why he'll become the Elvis of college football. And I expect he will be on hand when the five star big uglies arrive at Troy on their recruiting visits, Jax will be used as a host or one of the hosts, and he will work his magical powers of attraction on these big, nasty brutes. AND THEY SHALL COME. At least, that is my prediction. Charisma, true charisma, is very rare, but One Eyed Jax has oodles of true superstar charisma. And the message to five star O linemen will be, "Come play, come WIN with future superstar, the swaggering, lionine One Eyed Jax himnself! Come win a heisman for him and WITH him. But, in any event, just COME.

Last edited:

jpsocal65

Aug 24, 2017
the "USC has to win" stipulation is both understandable and frustrating. Understandable because what top player (especially OOS ones) want to be part of a rebuild, frustrating because we are objectively talented enough to win 9+ games but likely won't because of factors outside of our athletes' control.
I disagree. IMO we are at best a 6 win team. Our D is slow and weak in the trenches. Our QB seems to have a confidence problem

Michael Connolly

Jun 30, 2021
I disagree. IMO we are at best a 6 win team. Our D is slow and weak in the trenches. Our QB seems to have a confidence problem
On Slovis, we agree. I truly believe he is "punch drunk"— beaten up so badly that he no longer has the confidence hang in the pocket, keep his eyes down the field and go through his reads. It's what you see with older QBs in the NFL who've been hit for a decade+. Dart and Moss (to a lesser extent) would be upgrades just because they don't have the experience of getting killed behind that offensive line and have more willingness to go through their progression before bailing.

But there is absolutely no reason why we should not be 4-0 right now if the game were played on paper. I agree there are glaring holes in our roster but not in a relative sense when considering who we've played so far.

Reactions: sc/pacx

SCthe1

Aug 24, 2021
Well, I have to say that I am very encouraged and surprised that we are still in play for Campbell and Conerly. These are the type of linemen we need and I am sure they can see that for themselves in watching our team. Keeping positive thoughts on this.

Latest posts