Who's going to Atlanta?

BostonNit

Oct 27, 2021
If you're going, what's your itinerary?

Wife and I are heading down on Friday - be there early afternoon. Staying north of the city in the Perimeter area. Hoping to make it in for the pep rally but ya never know with logistics and travel. Game on Saturday, goof off on Sunday, fly home on Monday. Am looking for something to do Saturday evening and then on NYE. What's going on?

Reactions: Anon1693944714

Anon1693944714

Sep 5, 2023
I am flying down tomorrow morning and hope to take in the area tomorrow night. I am staying near the airport and using MARTA to get to the stadium. My son graduated tOSU so we are going to watch their game tomorrow night at a sports bar.

Reactions: LionJim

Alphalion75

Oct 21, 2021
If you're going, what's your itinerary?

Wife and I are heading down on Friday - be there early afternoon. Staying north of the city in the Perimeter area. Hoping to make it in for the pep rally but ya never know with logistics and travel. Game on Saturday, goof off on Sunday, fly home on Monday. Am looking for something to do Saturday evening and then on NYE. What's going on?
Not sure what's happening on Saturday night but you are in a good spot to take Marta to the stadium. The GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station is very close. Will cost you $5 round trip tops.

Reactions: ValleyForgeLion

WanderingSpectator

Oct 12, 2021
Friday
Pep Rally 3:15-4:15pm
GA Aquarium Fan Night 5:00-8:00 pm
Bands and Pep Rally at Aquarium 7:00-8:00 pm

Saturday
Parade starts by Mariott Marquis 8:00 am
Ends at Centennial Olympic Park around 9:30 am
FanFest at GA World Congress 8:00-12:00
Kickoff at 12:00

Reactions: ValleyForgeLion

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I considered it because it’s only 5.5 hours from my house. Alas, we’re driving 12 hours home tomorrow from MN so I don’t see another 5.5 hours on top of that.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
We arrived today. Staying at the Aloft downtown so we can walk to the stadium. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow before the prep rally.

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
For those who are here, the Blue Band will hold an open rehearsal at 10:30 am on Friday.

Henderson Stadium
929 Monroe Dr. NE
Atlanta, 30308

Probably not everyone’s cup of tea but we enjoyed it this morning. Probably won’t go on Friday since we were there today. Nice to see the kids without their unis and hats on — we were actually able to pick out our kid for once. We usually have no idea where he is.

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
We just pet Lane Kiffin’s dog, “Juice.” Whatever else we think of Ole Miss, Juice is a very nice dog.

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
We landed about 5 hours ago in Atlanta, parked ourselves in one of the Delta lounges at the airport, and have just been chilling out and enjoying the free flow of food since then. And our Uber to the hotel will be much cheaper this late in the day when we finally decide to head over. It may not be everyone’s idea of how to spend an evening, but I have enjoyed. And hell, the temperature here has been exactly the same as it was up in south central PA, so I see no reason to have ventured outside.

Pumped for the game tomorrow. I hope our fans put in a good showing. And the team plays like it’s a night game at The Beav, instead of a noon road game.