"Why Not Us"

quincy101

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2007
1,967
1,213
113
This was (not likely anymore), the mantra of the US men's national soccer team. I'm sure it referenced their outsized chance to win the World Cup in June this year held in the States, Mexico & Canada. However today, our lads played the Belgium national team in a friendly in Atlanta & got demolished, 5-1. Of course, Belgium is a better team than us and was favored. But 5-1? I expected a much better showing & some momentum heading into the WC. After this fiasco, expect an instant replay in 3 days vs Portugal, a team higher rated than Belgium. Our group stage opponents must be dancing in the streets after today.
 

nevadanatural

All-American
Dec 3, 2003
13,466
7,966
113
It was 5-2 but thats not much better. We mishit a bunch of balls on the box in the first half. I don’t think thus is the final squad we see in the cup thus summer.
 

drboobay

All-American
Dec 4, 2003
14,739
9,613
113
Played fairly well in the first half.

Without both Chris Richards and Tyler Adams today but it it unacceptable to give up five goals. Some of these guys clearly don't belong.

I think we will play much better against Portugal.
 
  • Like
Reactions: quincy101

Loca5174

All-American
Jan 23, 2008
10,871
5,755
113
This was (not likely anymore), the mantra of the US men's national soccer team. I'm sure it referenced their outsized chance to win the World Cup in June this year held in the States, Mexico & Canada. However today, our lads played the Belgium national team in a friendly in Atlanta & got demolished, 5-1. Of course, Belgium is a better team than us and was favored. But 5-1? I expected a much better showing & some momentum heading into the WC. After this fiasco, expect an instant replay in 3 days vs Portugal, a team higher rated than Belgium. Our group stage opponents must be dancing in the streets after today.
5-2 thats why not us
 

quincy101

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2007
1,967
1,213
113
I turned it off after 5-1. It was making me sick. Who scored our 2nd goal?
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa at Navy: Can the Hurricane get its season back on track?
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football is putting a premium on speed
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Injury may have made Baylor Hayes a better quarterback
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa must bounce back quickly to stay in conference race
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa Football searching for answers after second straight loss