Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
this probably deserves its own thread, but I'll leave it to others to start that:

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This might deserve it's own thread ... I'll let others decide (i.e., if you feel so, feel free to start one). Wow, what a story.

Reactions: WV lion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Interesting take

NIL is ruining all NCAA sports, but this is what you get when people think the athletes should be paid and it is implemented with no real plan. These are semi pro sports now and it’s every man and woman for themselves.

1995PSUGrad

Oct 30, 2021
NIL is ruining all NCAA sports, but this is what you get when people think the athletes should be paid and it is implemented with no real plan. These are semi pro sports now and it’s every man and woman for themselves.
I really don't understand this position. NIL is changing all NCAA sports. No, things aren't going to be like we have been used to, but I don't see how things are being ruined at all. Schools are going to have to change how they recruit athletes, how they keep athletes, and the product that they put on the field. It will be easier for some to evolve than others. I don't see how compensating athletes is ruining anything.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Scholarship athletes, especially full ride sports, have always been compensated. If the NCAA ever goes direct pay to the athletes, they could have them pay for tuition, room & board, etc. themselves.