Will the Pac 12 officials be UCLA's 12th man tomorrow?

SColdtimer

Aug 24, 2017
I'm leaving for the Rose Bowl at noon tomorrow. I wish the officials for the game were leaving from the east coast sometime today. USC has received more penalties this year than 126 other FBS teams. Only one team has had more flags thrown at them.

Pac 12 officials threw 159 yards worth of flags at the Trojans last Thursday that called back TDs and stopped drives.

The Pac 12 is really a prison for USC with Larry Scott as the warden. The officials are all sons of that prison guard, Captain Hadley, in the Shawshank Redemption.

ASU has had only 48 penalties the entire year and sits 11th in fewest penalties. ND is 19th in fewest penalties. ND and the SEC have entire networks watching their backs.

The Pac 12 makes sure USC leads the conference in penalties and that USC opponents get as few flags as possible.

I think the Trojans should ask for officials from another conference to work their games or tell the Pac 12 and its commissioner to shove it.

On second thought I think USC should just tell the whole Pac 12 conference to shove it. Why should the Trojans be married to the ugliest girls in college? Why attach yourself to your assassin? "Et Tu Brute!"

If you are at home watching the game tomorrow and hear a loud chorus of boos every times those Pac 12 officials march off some yardage against USC, it will be me and Mrs SColdtimer letting those backstabbing toadies of the Pac 12 know how we feel.

DJ4SC

Aug 24, 2017
I think the Trojans should ask for officials from another conference to work their games or tell the Pac 12 and its commissioner to shove it.

I agree wholeheartedly.
At the very least USC should have their own T.V. deal and not be a part of this conference. The cry should be-"Let Them Play"
How soon can we send the Warden packing??

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
It's not just SC though. 8 of 12 PAC-12 teams are ranked 101st or lower in the number penalties - EIGHT TEAMS!!! This has been happening a few years now that a majority of PAC-12 teams are consistently in the bottom of the rankings as the most penalized teams (AND CONFERENCE) in FBS. I simply do not buy the fact that a majority of PAC-12 coaches cannot address the penalty issues or that we cheat or play dirty football on the West Coast. Our one game where we had non-PAC-12 refs - Boston College an all ACC crew and we had three penalties. It's a travesty that Larry Scott will not address. Maybe, just maybe if these striped a-holes will let the teams play, we might have more PAC-12 teams in the national discussion.

contracostatrojan

Aug 24, 2017
By the way, Washington, UCLA, Oregon, Colorado and Washington State are all tied - ranked at 105th on the latest list. The coaches need to get together with their ADs and Presidents and demand Scott take some action in the off-season on this.

in2nation

Aug 24, 2017
Well said SColdtimer! I feel the same way about our conference, our commissioner, and those bags of refs. Everybody we work with is using their affiliation with us to advance themselves at our expense. Our conference, our commissioner, and those bags of refs who want to show how awesome they are so they can punch a ticket to the big dance! (NFL)

Rex N Effex

Aug 24, 2017
There should be no conference referees. They should rotate throughout all of the conferences IMHO.

denali.usc

Aug 24, 2017
Whining about refs before the game even starts? Isn't that kind of a bruin move? Trojans shouldn't whine. If it isn't close, the refs don't matter.

BuTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
It's not a USC thing. The refs are horrible against all teams. UCLA is heavily penalized too

dbw021

Aug 24, 2017
I agree about the officiating in the conference. It is frustrating to see games in the pac12 become "drop the hanky" games. It ruins the experience. As has been said many times, you could call penalties on every single snap of a game. The lack of ND penalties doesn't surprise me, since they play a majority of their games at home. Yes, I am still smarting from how USC got hosed against nd last year at south bend.

cigar95

Aug 24, 2017
I would love to see stats on how many penalties are called when Pac-12 officials work out of conference games and bowl games. For some reason, these guys just seem to be flag-happy.

I agree with BUTrojan that it isn't just about USC.

CrunchTimeTrojan

Aug 24, 2017
This isn't about Usc tho all those penalties. Look at Sark's history and rep with UW, his team's were undisciplined and penalty prone. It was a huge complaint from the fans. He's a sloppy coach and his teams play sloppy. We will just have to live with it. Bye you are right usc has always been penalized a lot. Asu was the same way until they got a coach who did something about it. Sark will do what he does best, talk about it but not do anything about it.

SColdtimer;n372653 said:
I'm leaving for the Rose Bowl at noon tomorrow. I wish the officials for the game were leaving from the east coast sometime today. USC has received more penalties this year than 126 other FBS teams. Only one team has had more flags thrown at them.

Pac 12 officials threw 159 yards worth of flags at the Trojans last Thursday that called back TDs and stopped drives.

The Pac 12 is really a prison for USC with Larry Scott as the warden. The officials are all sons of that prison guard, Captain Hadley, in the Shawshank Redemption.

ASU has had only 48 penalties the entire year and sits 11th in fewest penalties. ND is 19th in fewest penalties. ND and the SEC have entire networks watching their backs.

The Pac 12 makes sure USC leads the conference in penalties and that USC opponents get as few flags as possible.

On second thought I think USC should just tell the whole Pac 12 conference to shove it. Why should the Trojans be married to the ugliest girls in college? Why attach yourself to your assassin? "Et Tu Brute!"

If you are at home watching the game tomorrow and hear a loud chorus of boos every times those Pac 12 officials march off some yardage against USC, it will be me and Mrs SColdtimer letting those backstabbing toadies of the Pac 12 know how we feel.

beeto

Aug 24, 2017
While it's true that the Zeb's have had a hand in some games against us I don't think they're against us.
It comes to simple incompetence. The Pac-12 Zeb's are not vey good.

It's difficult in this conference to referee a game when so much is going on. A lot of motion, a lot of passing makes the game harder to call.

I do hope the result of the game doesn't come to Zeb call. That would be horrible.

Now on to the task at hand......Beat the little bears to a pulp.

Fight On !!

denali.usc

Aug 24, 2017
UCLA fans point to several big calls over the years that have hurt them in this game, such as Eric A's catch (or Sam Dickerson's, if we want to go way back), or that non-fumble during the Moral Victory game. Both sides have plenty to complain about--as does every other Pac 12 team.

LateToTheParty

Aug 24, 2017
I'm going to lose it if Eddie Vanderdoes punches someone in front of the ref and doesn't get called for it again.

SColdtimer

Aug 24, 2017
"127th is nothing to whine about. But if USC was 128th then I would really whine!"

I'm not asking USC to whine about a bag stabbing leech of a conference the Pac 12 is.

I'm not even going to mention that when other conferences and teams have protected their teams when the NCAA started flexing it's muscles the Pac 12 commissioner and schools have done everything possible to profit from the injustice and not to protect USC.

Was George Washington a whiner, because he stood up against the British?

Do you know what 40 Pac 12 officials chained to the bottom of the ocean would be?

A good start!

SCBIGTIME

Aug 24, 2017
For once, I would love to see a USC game with less yellow laundry on the field than a hospital nursery at changing time.

scottsdaletrojan

Aug 24, 2017
Larry Scott is a joke of a commissioner and outside marginal efforts of marketing the conference (which he's also sucked at >>> see the Pac-12 Network) he is in over his skis. While I don't expect the other schools to rush to our defense during the bogus sanctions that were jammed down our throat back in 2010, the commissioner should have had our back to some degree. It was crickets over there during 2010 and then the appeal in 2013.

To Oldtimer's question "Do you know what 40 Pac 12 officials chained to the bottom of the ocean would be?...a good start" Let's make it 41 and get ourselves a new commissioner.

Fight On & Beat Cal State Westwood!

uscmule

Aug 24, 2017
I'm all for leaving the confrence, as the Champion. Until then, leaving is just sour grapes.

PickSicx

Aug 24, 2017
I ALWAYS agree with everything Oldtimer posts.

Except tonight.

We are our own worst enemy. We've gotten our share of bad calls, but we've screwed ourselves again and again this year. Our penalties are our own fault. Yes, P12 officiating is bad, but we've got no discipline, and 10 games into the season, we are less focused and less disciplined than any Trojan team I can ever remember.

IETrojanFan

Aug 24, 2017
OldTimer, when did you become a conspiracy theorist? Pac12 officiating is bad, but it's not the entire problem. Team discipline is the other 1/2. I'm too young to remember in detail pre-PC era for this kind of stat, but PC-present, USC is an undisciplined team. PC had the talent to overcome, but lately we don't. It's coming, but we're not there yet.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
Well...then that ref will be the only man out there for them because the rest are a bunch of brown bruin turds and we got our finger on the flush lever. We're gonna send them right to the Hyperion Bowl where all the **** in LA goes.

Latest posts