With a W today - are we in the Top 8 discussion?

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Up to 15 in the RPI. A win today, and we’ll probably move up 2 or 3 more spots.

UGA has swept South Car this weekend. Wes & the crew up to #2 in the RPI now.

We need some help in the ACC. Wake is trying to finish off a sweep of Clemson today. FSU is fighting for its life in Pitt. Already lost Friday and down 6-3 when yesterday got suspended.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nope. Not even close. The RPI gap between us at #15 and #10 Wake Forest is bigger than the gap between us and #34 UCF. Win today and we probably only move up to #14. Then that will fall in the next week even if we go 4-0. Were getting close to wrapping up a regional host though b

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Bridge way too far, I believe. Ark, Tenn, UK, A&M are all stone cold locks for national seeds from the SEC, with UGA being next in line for a possible 5th spot from the SEC. I don’t see how they take 6 SEC schools, and especially not us with those Quad 4 losses we have.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Bridge way too far, I believe. Ark, Tenn, UK, A&M are all stone cold locks for national seeds from the SEC, with UGA being next in line for a possible 5th spot from the SEC. I don’t see how they take 6 SEC schools, and especially not us with those Quad 4 losses we have.

Sadly, I'm sure you're right.

Looking at the top teams, it's interesting that A&M, Arky and Georgia are all very strong at home but become pretty average (relatively) on the road. All are at or just below .500, just like us. Kentucky stands out with a 15-5 road record.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Win today and I may look a little closer but as of now, I say m, “No”. In fact, I don’t think we can get there even by winning out without tons of help. I say let’s focus on getting that regional with the best matchups we can get.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Im shocked that you would so carelessly summon the dead injuns by speaking of such a thing.

I thought everyone knew the first rule of winning for State is to not talk about winning
brad pitt you do not talk about fight club GIF

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
The best chance will be to have the national seed that we are paired with to lget knocked off ....the way Arky and A&M are fading I could see them laying an egg in a regional

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
The best chance will be to have the national seed that we are paired with to lget knocked off ....the way Arky and A&M are fading I could see them laying an egg in a regional

It would be pretty epic since they've lost a combined 5 games at home.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I would much rather get paired with the Lexington Super. Smaller opposing crowds. They have very little postseason experience, so there is a very realistic chance they flame out in a regional. If we lose the series, Mingione to Omaha is much more palatable than us sending the Razornecks or Aggy.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I would much rather get paired with the Lexington Super. Smaller opposing crowds. They have very little postseason experience, so there is a very realistic chance they flame out in a regional. If we lose the series, Mingione to Omaha is much more palatable than us sending the Razornecks or Aggy.
Not to mention, no one really knows who is fading and who is hot. 'Hotness' really isn't on display until the regionals.

Reactions: patdog