Women of Troy “Don’t Pick Us”.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Love the chip on their shoulders and I also love how Coach Gottlieb has welcomed The GOAT Cheryl Miller back into the fold.

This was posted on the BB Board by @SCthe1, who has done yeomans work this season putting up content.

Last edited:

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Gottlieb has done a great job. Good for her to bring Cheryl in to talk to the team....however, it coincided with Cheryl having been selected as one of 10 Californians inducted into the California Hall of Fame.

I'd like to see Coach make the effort with the McGee twins, Lisa Leslie, Rhonda Windham, Jacki Gemelos, Shay Murphy, Tina Thompson, ALL the ladies who have contributed to the program over the years. And some coaches too, like Linda Sharp, Marianne Stanley, and Chris Goebrecht.

Tim Floyd did that for the men and it's a shame O'Neill dropped that ball.

Reactions: Pudly76

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Gottlieb has done a great job. Good for her to bring Cheryl in to talk to the team....however, it coincided with Cheryl having been selected as one of 10 Californians inducted into the California Hall of Fame.

I'd like to see Coach make the effort with the McGee twins, Lisa Leslie, Rhonda Windham, Jacki Gemelos, Shay Murphy, Tina Thompson, ALL the ladies who have contributed to the program over the years. And some coaches too, like Linda Sharp, Marianne Stanley, and Chris Goebrecht.

Tim Floyd did that for the men and it's a shame O'Neill dropped that ball.
I think she has been reaching out to the former players.I saw a photo or a video of some of them at a game. It’s one of the first and most important things Pete Carroll did when he first came to USC bringing Marv Goux back and I believe Jim Hardy too. Never got to meet Marv but Jim was a lovely man. I used to love talking to him at practice. When he learned I wa from Athens he said “ That reminds me, I need to call Charlie Trippi“ Not sure if he ever did. I guess they had been teammates with the Bears

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
I think she has been reaching out to the former players.I saw a photo or a video of some of them at a game. It’s one of the first and most important things Pete Carroll did when he first came to USC bringing Marv Goux back and I believe Jim Hardy too. Never got to meet Marv but Jim was a lovely man. I used to love talking to him at practice. When he learned I wa from Athens he said “ That reminds me, I need to call Charlie Trippi“ Not sure if he ever did. I guess they had been teammates with the Bears
Marv sat a few rows in front of me for years. He talked to everyone, would sign his name, just a great man. Over time, his ability to get to his seat and back out declined. He started leaving at half-time and then he just stopped coming. And then one season, Dr Sample showed up in those seats. I never could like him after that, lol.

Charley had a quintessential American story. I always thought someone should make a movie about him. 100 years old when he died.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Marv sat a few rows in front of me for years. He talked to everyone, would sign his name, just a great man. Over time, his ability to get to his seat and back out declined. He started leaving at half-time and then he just stopped coming. And then one season, Dr Sample showed up in those seats. I never could like him after that, lol.

Charley had a quintessential American story. I always thought someone should make a movie about him. 100 years old when he died.
The man was signing Autographs at the Bulldawg bookstore or whatever it’s called well into his mid 90’s. Jim Hardy was a wonderful man too.

Latest posts