World Series Anyone?

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
I was thinking of World Series memories and best individual performances game or series that I remember. My rankings-

1 - Clemente (1971) - There was nothing he didn’t do during that series against a great O’s team,
2- Gibson (1968) - Game 1 against the Tigers; dominating in setting the K record for single game.
3- Koufax (1965) - Clincher on short rest in Game 7.

Toss in Reggie’s 3 dingers, Swoboda’s catch, Fisk’s game 6 walk off and so many more. I know everyone hates baseball now but I’ll be watching.

1635166822955.jpeg

Nittany1865Farmer

Oct 12, 2021
I was thinking of World Series memories and best individual performances game or series that I remember. My rankings-

1 - Clemente (1971) - There was nothing he didn’t do during that series against a great O’s team,
2- Gibson (1968) - Game 1 against the Tigers; dominating in setting the K record for single game.

Toss in Reggie’s 3 dingers, Swoboda’s catch, Fisk’s game 6 walk off and so many more. I know everyone hates baseball now but I’ll be watching.

View attachment 157501
Can't argue with your list. Lots of good moments already mentioned. Love to see the Braves do a sweep of the Astros, but we will see how the Braves bullpen holds up for another series.

Reactions: LookSharp

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Lidge--7 for 7 in saves in the post season in 2008 and perfect in the regular season. That and Rose catching Boone's muff in 1980. Gibson in 1964 too....
If you ever talk to Boonie, he will tell you that the muff was Rose’s play the whole way and that he kept waiting to hear Rose call him off. So, he will laugh about how people believe that Rose bailed him out.

I forgot to include Gibson’s HR off Eck and the human vacuum Series by Brooks against the Reds in 1970.

TheGlovStillRules

Oct 14, 2021

View attachment 157501

Mickey Lolich against the Cardinals 1968 World Series.

TheBigUglies

Oct 26, 2021
I don't watch mainly because of Buck but also I could care less about the teams playing. I dislike the Braves and hearing the chant all the time. The games with the Phillies in the 90s made me dislike them this much. Astros, meh.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules

Nohow

Oct 25, 2021
The unapologetic unpenalized brazen Cheaters vs. Redneck Fans behaving badly with their annoying chant.
If I had to pick, I would pick the Barves.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
The unapologetic unpenalized brazen Cheaters vs. Redneck Fans behaving badly with their annoying chant.
If I had to pick, I would pick the Barves.
I doubt anyone outside the state of Texas is hoping the Astros win. I only know of one person rooting for the Astros and he is really rooting for Dusty since he’s been a good friend of Dusty since they were both Braves farmhands.

FrontierLion

Oct 12, 2021
Don't have a real interest in this WS, but pulling for the Braves only because of Charlie Morton. Always liked Charlie when he was with Pittsburgh and had the chance to meet him. Seemed like a very humble, down-to-earth guy. Of course after he leaves the Pirates, he finds tons of success with the Rays, Astros and now Braves.

What a gritty performance to finish his outing in Game 1 on a broken leg. If the Braves go on to win the series, Atlanta fans will probably remember that effort much like the Sox remember Schilling's bloody sock game.

Mufasa94

Oct 12, 2021
The Buster Posey thread made me think of someone not mentioned in this thread.

Madison Bumgarner in pretty much all his WS appearances for the Giants 3 titles, but especially his efforts in the 7 game series against the Royals in 2014.