Would saints fans trade Sean Payton's option for Dak?

Feb 25, 2018
I'm thinking Jurra wants Sean and he would like to be there. Is it set in NFL stone a first round pick for Sean? Or can the trade a current player? Intriguing question......the only reason I like Dallas is because of dak,but always been who dat. Dam as a Saint I'm all in

Sep 18, 2007
I'm thinking Jurra wants Sean and he would like to be there. Is it set in NFL stone a first round pick for Sean? Or can the trade a current player? Intriguing question......the only reason I like Dallas is because of dak,but always been who dat. Dam as a Saint I'm all in
Dak's cap hit would be unmanageable if traded

Reactions: Msdeltareb
Feb 25, 2018
Saints get a first round pick from said team if Sean coaches next year and I'm not an expert on all things NFL concerning player trades and I'm sure as 17 know nothing about trading a coach.....but coach trading/options how much do we know, plus throw in how jurra would throw bank to land sean

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Would Saints fans trade something they don’t really even have anymore for a franchise QB who isn’t even 30 yet? Uh yeah, of course they would. Not sure if they have the cap space or what pieces they would need to move to make room, but from the Saints’ side of the table that would otherwise be a home run. It would be an awful deal for Dallas though, and for Payton too if he was jumping into that **** show without a proven QB.

As far as the first round pick, it’s not set in stone. If Payton wants to coach in 2023 or 2024, its really just going to come down to whatever the Saints, his new team, and himself all agree to in terms of compensation. Whatever details are already in his contract can be revised as necessary. If he wants to stay retired 2 more years and then come back in 2025 or beyond, he can go wherever he wants as his contract will be expired.