WR's

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,164
4,721
113
My top five. Have heard great things about Stinson.

VanderZee - Size and great hands, TD getter in the red zone
Dias - catches everything close to him
Howard - like his size
James - gteat numbers in FCS, will that transition to the big?
Stinson - excited since he committed, have heard great things
 
  • Like
Reactions: DukeSlater

Oldman74

Sophomore
Dec 24, 2012
74
154
33
VanderZee is an absolute UNIT! I was taken aback by how big he is when I saw him in the spring. Hope he can stay healthy because he has the measurables to be a problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DukeSlater

HawksRule73

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
850
2,137
93
I'm going to guess when we're in 11 personnel, it'll be RVZ at the X, Diaz at the Z, and James at the Y.

It'll be interesting, with the plethora of talented tight ends we have, whether Lester goes more 11 or 12 personnel. With DJV, you've got the luxury of lining him up on the line and then flexing him out to Y for a complete mismatch.
 

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,164
4,721
113
I'm going to guess when we're in 11 personnel, it'll be RVZ at the X, Diaz at the Z, and James at the Y.

It'll be interesting, with the plethora of talented tight ends we have, whether Lester goes more 11 or 12 personnel. With DJV, you've got the luxury of lining him up on the line and then flexing him out to Y for a complete mismatch.
Stinson could play the Y ahead of James
 
  • Like
Reactions: gjoens

HawksRule73

All-Conference
Jun 26, 2025
850
2,137
93
He could, but I figure he's slated for X rather than Y. Sort of a Brandon Smith starter kit from what I understand.
 

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,112
7,223
113
My top five. Have heard great things about Stinson.

VanderZee - Size and great hands, TD getter in the red zone
Dias - catches everything close to him
Howard - like his size
James - gteat numbers in FCS, will that transition to the big?
Stinson - excited since he committed, have heard great things
Add in the group of studs at TE. DJV, Ostrenga, Meyer, Burt, Woods
 
  • Like
Reactions: DukeSlater

Kceasthawk@77

All-American
Feb 2, 2005
4,112
7,223
113
Don't forget Ortwerth. Haven't heard much about Johnson. Meyers is one of our fastest TE', I see him playing in a lot of passing downs.
Damn, your right I forgot Z Ortwerth. He's been a solid contributor the last couple of years. Good catch Angler.....Yep Johnson a 2nd year player, but hasn't been on the field much I don't think where all the others got snaps last year when Ostrenga was out.
 

Hawkangler

All-Conference
Mar 16, 2014
2,164
4,721
113
I realized I left KJ Parker off the list. Certainly has flash. With Dias, James and Parker the Hawks have some game breaking speed on the outside. With a solid O-line and efficient running game, our new QB should have time to throw the ball.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DukeSlater

The Big Z

All-Conference
Jan 5, 2023
2,051
3,972
113
Until we get a guy that can catch 30 passes in a season I'm not going to get to high on anyone. Which makes what Lester has done even more impressive figuring out ways to score.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

2D

All-American
Oct 8, 2013
3,276
6,800
113
RVZ proved his worth last year. One of the only WRs from Iowa of the past 6 years who could actually start at other programs.

Everyone else has to prove it, including Diaz. Even Kirk has had some shocking praise for him, but we've been burned too many times. That unit will have to prove it on Saturdays.
 

ChiefRhoads

Sophomore
Jan 6, 2019
79
195
33
Don't forget about Buie. 6'2 and 200lbs. I am not saying our WR group is going to set the world on fire, but I think the top 5-6 is probably as deep as we have seen since the McNutt/DJK era.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Ranking the top 25 players Iowa WBB will face during the 2026-27 season
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football Recruiting Tracking where Iowa's recruits play this week
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Ohio State's starters as recruits
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Throwback Thursday: Looking back at Iowa's starters as recruits
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Recruit Visits: Five-stars flood College Station, Starkville leads a loaded recruiting Saturday in week five