Zollers to Mizzou

grinagrin

Oct 25, 2021
I guess we’ll never ever have that proverbial fence around the home state like Ohio…

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021
That's too bad. However, I'm optimistic Penn State football will find a way to survive.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
A) I live in the general vicinity of this kid and never heard of him until recently.
B) PSU already has 4 pretty highly regarded QBs on the roster
C) With the transfer portal, no commitment is ever permanent
D) Putting a fence around your state in recruiting overlooks a lot of really good options outside the fence.

Last edited:

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

hapval8286

Nov 2, 2021
And we’ve done nothing but complain about the first two. The third will his verbal assault in due time, if gets the playing time to deserve it.
I guess, to be completely honest, it seems the real reason we ended up with Clifford, Allar and Grunkemeyer (all from Ohio) is that Ohio State didn't really prioritize them. They always go after and get a top 5 big fish at QB and didn't consider any of those 3 to fit their system in a playoff caliber way.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I guess, to be completely honest, it seems the real reason we ended up with Clifford, Allar and Grunkemeyer (all from Ohio) is that Ohio State didn't really prioritize them. They always go after and get a top 5 big fish at QB and didn't consider any of those 3 to fit their system in a playoff caliber way.
Ohio State indeed went after Allar. It was a little late in the process and Allar stuck to his commitment.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Dec 15, 2023
It's hard when there is literally a bidding war for many of these kids in the top100 overall that is in the hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. We don't have a functional collective that can compete. Our collective wanted to send kids on travel and internships while most major programs are offering kids NFL money.

hapval8286

Nov 2, 2021
It's hard when there is literally a bidding war for many of these kids in the top100 overall that is in the hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. We don't have a functional collective that can compete. Our collective wanted to send kids on travel and internships while most major programs are offering kids NFL money.
So true. Until the powers that be make laws/regulations to stop the outbidding process, PSU will probably never end up with another top 5 or even top 10 class again.

Nits74

Oct 19, 2021
You are probably correct. And that scenario would be acceptable if we had the University's academics in which to take pride. But, we all know where that has gone.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
A) I live in the general vicinity of this kid and never heard of him until recently.
D) Putting a fence around your state in recruiting overlooks a lot of really good options outside the fence.
Come on... you know that there is no room on this board for reason and accountability.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
The kid must be lactose intolerant. No one turns down Berkey Creamery Death by Chocolate otherwise.

Reactions: Bison13

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
For those of you that joke about Dominate the State. Go back and look at the recruiting classes since Franklin took over. He’s largely done that. You can cherry pick a few like Fleming and Rucci, but they didn’t really pan out elsewhere and ended up at PSU anyway.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
Who can blame the kid?

He understandably doesn’t want to get exposed to unnecessary and repeated contact because of Franklin’s offensive scheme and highly inept offensive lines.

The kid wants nothing other than to go play behind a real OL, a real coach, and stay healthy in the process

Last edited:

blion72

Oct 30, 2021
I think the driver might have been B. we have 4 and there is another in this recruiting class. Some might have asked why are you recruiting 2 in this class when you have 4 on the roster now. Penn State was the least clear road to seeing the field among the contenders UGA and Mizzou.