ZZL Trading Card Thread

TitleistHeel

All-Conference
Aug 1, 2025
1,026
2,453
113
We need one. I don't see one. Here it is. Have at it.

I'll start. I needed something in the area at lunch, so I stopped in at Southpoint to grab a cheap $25 box of Topps Series 2 baseball cards. This thing came out of it. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. IMG_1898.jpegIMG_1899.jpeg
 

2forheels

All-Conference
Aug 2, 2025
1,355
1,073
113
I've been collecting mostly baseball cards since 1962. I have over 2000 cards and have over 1000 autographs. As a child I would clip them with a clothespin into my bicycle spokes to sound like a motorcycle. lol Ruined some valuable cards I would assume. Back then we bought them for the tasty bubble gum inside. You could buy a pack of 25 cards for 5 cents. Being a lifelong Yankees fan I have every Yankees player that has played since before I was born. At one time I had I think 5 of the 1952 Mickey Mantle rookie card. THE one worth around $12,000 at one time. Around the 10th grade I pulled out the shoebox full of cards I had (and all those old time Yankees greats including the Mantle rookie cards) and threw them away. I thought it was childish to have them and I had no clue in 1970 how much they were going to be worth. What a dumbass! I started back collecting in 1980.
 
Inside Carolina

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Carolina Basketball More Than A Shooter, Matt Able Aims to be Versatile Piece in UNC Lineup
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Intel: The latest on 5-stars Beckham Black, DeMarcus Henry, and Cayden Daughtry
  3. 03 Inside Carolina Football UNC-Pittsburgh's a Billy Edwards Game - Daily Take
  4. 04 Inside Carolina Football Recruiting 2028 RB Jacez Walton Sees Opportunity in UNC's Offense
  5. 05 Inside Carolina Football Sunday Night Football Returns, Highlighting UNC's Focus on Player Development