It's my second favorite and second most stressful day of the year! The Final Four. Since I've worked the last two Saturdays, I had to keep the mojo going and work this morning. Michigan State and the Devils will open up for the Cats at 6:09 and the headline with the Cats facing Wisconsin will start at 8:49.
The KSR Pregame show starts at 6 (maybe this will save Ryan from tweeting it 245 times today) and will be live from the Tin Roof in Indianapolis with Ryan, Drew, Allen Edwards and Heshimu Evans . Tweet me at @Sealey_KSR with your pictures from Indy and they might end up on KSR! Keep checking back here for updates throughout the day.
Now, here are some links to get your day started:
- John Calipari has always done things his own way and has not once apologized for it. Is that a bad thing? No. Calipari is the ‘villain’ of college basketball these days and I am okay with that, because for Calipari it comes down to one thing — the players.
- Wisconsin's Frank Kaminsky and Co. not afraid of Kentucky in Final Four. That poor thing.
- This guy wants to make it clear Kentucky is a bad team because they could not make it in the NBA. He even says that it is not clear that Kentucky can make decent NBA players that will go long term. Ha.
- This might be a completely different Kentucky team we see on the court, but there is one thing that hasn’t changed; the Big men being back this year.
- “Willie Cauley-Stein became Kentucky's 25th consensus All-American on March 30. His path to get there was long, different and remarkable.“
- Kentucky track and field’s Kendra Harrison opened the outdoor season with a world-leading 400-meter hurdles time (for the second year) in just 54.94 seconds. Harrison is also the first —and so far only- woman to run the event in fewer than 55 seconds this year.