Believe it or not, we are a fourth of the way through the regular season and Kentucky is halfway to bowl eligibility. Saturday’s scare vs. Chattanooga aside, our hopes for the Cats’ season remain high, but what about the national media? Here’s a roundup of Kentucky Football bowl projections following Week Three.
- ESPN’s Mark Schlabach: Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Virginia (Dec. 30, 11:30 a.m., Charlotte, NC)
- ESPN’s Kyle Bonagura: TaxSlayer Gator Bowl vs. North Carolina (Dec. 31, 11 a.m., Jacksonville, FL)
- CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm: Music City Bowl vs. Michigan (Dec. 30, 3 p.m., Nashville, TN)
- 247 Sports’ Brad Crawford: Duke’s Mayo Bowl vs. Virginia (Dec. 30, 11:30 a.m., Charlotte, NC)
- Saturday Down South: Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State (Dec. 28, 6:45 p.m., Memphis, TN)
From that batch, a return to Jacksonville for a matchup vs. a basketball rival is intriguing, as is a Music City showdown with Michigan. I know KSR and this fanbase would have a great time with the Duke’s Mayo Bowl. Basically, anywhere but Memphis, please.