Howdy, folks, and welcome to a new week. It was a huge weekend for the Calipari family, which convened on Newport, Rhode Island to celebrate Megan’s marriage. More pictures and videos should trickle out throughout the day, but it might be hard to top this one from Saturday. With the Calipari swagger in mind, let’s tackle today’s top 10.
1. ICYMI, here’s where every Cat ended up following the NBA Draft
- De’Aaron Fox: Sacramento Kings (5th pick)
- Malik Monk: Charlotte Hornets (11th pick)
- Bam Adebayo: Miami Heat (14th pick)
- Isaiah Briscoe: Philadelphia 76ers Summer League
- Isaac Humphries: Washington Wizards Summer League
- Derek Willis: Detroit Pistons Summer League
- Dominique Hawkins: Sacramento Kings Summer League
The Summer Leagues rev up this Saturday, starting with the Orlando League (July 1-6), followed by Utah (July 3-6), and Las Vegas (July 7-17).
2. Bam Adebayo seems to be settling into South Beach just fine
Is there an opening at Miami Sports Radio?
3. Calipari on SEC Coaches Teleconference
John Calipari will take a break from post-wedding festivities this morning to hop on the SEC Coaches Summer Teleconference. I’ll be listening in to bring you all of Cal’s comments as he sums up the NBA Draft, Team USA, and whatever else his heart desires.
4. Team USA prepares to leave for Egypt
Training Camp for Calipari’s U19 National Team wrapped up yesterday in Colorado Springs, and NBA scouts and media were allowed in to watch practice. I think you’ll like this tweet from Fran Fraschilla:
Not putting 1-on-1 label on anyone here yet @usabasketball but PJ Washington will be "horse" for UK this year. Hope he plays from inside-out
— Fran Fraschilla (@franfraschilla) June 25, 2017
Been saying it for a while now, but PJ Washington will be a fan favorite this fall. He, Hamidou Diallo, and the rest of Team USA leave for Egypt today to prepare for the FIBA World Cup, which begins on Saturday in Cairo.
5. Immanuel Quickley closing in on a decision
If you missed the post directly below this one, Immanuel Quickley, one of Calipari’s primary 2018 targets, says he’s nearing a decision. The five-star point guard is down to Kentucky, Kansas, Maryland, and Miami and says he wants to announce his decision before his senior season. Kentucky’s the overwhelming favorite.
6. Erin Calipari keeps trolling her brother and I love it
The wittiest Calipari couldn’t help but give her brother a little grief this weekend, mimicking his trademark Instagram poses with one of her own:
Put on a hoodie Erin, and you nailed it.
7. Stephen Johnson spent the weekend at the Manning Passing Academy
Everyone’s favorite quarterback spent the weekend in Thibodaux, Louisiana helping out at the Manning Passing Academy. Johnson has proven to be a wonderful role model in his year at Kentucky, and I’m sure he shared his message with his campers.
8. Jordan Spieth is good at golf
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) June 25, 2017
The angle of the celebration at the 1:09 mark just gave Aaron Flener all sorts of #CaddyGoals.
9. Have you subscribed to the new KSR radio show podcast feed?
iHeart is making our lives a little difficult by killing our old podcast feed for the radio show, so do yourself a favor and subscribe to the new feed now. That way you don’t miss a moment of the awesome guest host schedule we’ve got lined up, which starts with…
10. Dan Wolken kicks off five weeks of guest hosts
Matt Jones is starting his five-week European vacation in Budapest, which means our five weeks of guest hosts has begun. USA Today’s Dan Wolken will kick things off with today’s show, which is sure to include some quality college basketball talk and tidbits about John Calipari, whom Wolken covered during his Memphis days. Here’s the rest of this week’s guest host schedule:
June 26: Dan Woken of USA Today
June 27: Pardon My Take
June 28: Evan Daniels
June 29: Aaron Torres
June 30: Jennifer Palumbo and Mrs. Tyler Thompson
Today’s my birthday, but because I love you guys so much (and Drew has the day off), I’m going to spend it bringing you UK Sports news in the most ridiculous manner possible. Let’s have some fun.