Skip to main content

UNC Basketball Announces Signing of Maximo Adams

by: Ben Sherman11/19/25insidecarolina

Five days after Maximo Adams announced his commitment to North Carolina, the school has confirmed his signing.

“We are thrilled to have Maximo join the UNC family,” UNC head coach Hubert Davis said in a released statement on Wednesday. “Maximo can score in a variety of ways, rebound and defend multiple positions. His elite versatility on both ends of the floor was exactly what we wanted and needed.”

Adams, a 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward out of the Sierra Canyon School in Chatsworth (Calif.), is No. 20 in the Rivals Industry Rankings. He picked UNC over finalists Texas, Michigan State, and Kentucky.

“I chose North Carolina because of the coaching staff,” Adams told On3 last week. “On my visit I almost felt like a familiar relationship with all the coaches and players. I could tell how much they valued me as a person more than just a player.”

Adams climbed the rankings and arrived on North Carolina’s radar this past summer, after standout performances on Nike’s EYBL circuit. His summer culminated with a standout performance at Peach Jam in July, where he averaged 18.8 points and 10.2 rebounds per game, while shooting 40% from three. The Tar Heels offered soon thereafter.

As the lone commitment to date in UNC’s 2026 recruiting class, Adams is set to join a Carolina squad that could return most of its roster next season, including forward Jarin Stevenson, and guards/wings Jonathan Powell and Luka Bogavac. A commitment from Adams provides forward depth and shooting for the 2026-27 team.

“Adams is one of the more complete wings on the offensive side of the ball in the 2026 class,” said Inside Carolina analyst Sean Moran. “He runs the court well in transition where he can attack the basket from the wings. He is a pure shooter in catch and shoot situations with solid form in the halfcourt set as well.”