Recent content by ba11game

  1. B

    2022 transfer portal

    I played softball with a guy whose Dad was the Greenskeeper for Pepperdine baseball. I can't tell you what he saw when Madonna attended a game, but you can use your imagination.
  2. B

    Goodbye and good luck

    I'm doing alright. Better than I thought I would be almost 4 months into hospice care. The biggest change of late is I don't drive anymore. I have people to help me run errands though. It's not like I'm in pain, I am just weak. My life is mostly lived between the bed and the sofa, with...
  3. B

    📝 Larry Lewis Konkol impresses during introduction as TU's next head coach

    I have a lot of respect for the opinions of Larry and Bill. If they like him, I'd say the team is in good hands.
  4. B

    🏀 News/Notes Official -- TU hires Eric Konkol as next head coach

    Which is the bigger embarrassment for TU, this or the Houston football game where we gave up 100 points?
  5. B

    Conference Tournaments and Tracking the Automatic Qualifiers.

    I didn't think the Ivy League had a tournament. When did that happen?
  6. B

    Goodbye and good luck

  7. B

    ORU “sucks” quoting their Christian students during our gameAbout TU

    She is Richard's daughter. She sang on TV with her dad, who was also a musician, when she was a kid.
  8. B

    ORU “sucks” quoting their Christian students during our gameAbout TU

    Oral's granddaughter Chrisi is a friend. We've played music together. She is a sweet lady and a very talented singer.
  9. B

    Frank will be back

    I'm no expert on basketball strategy, but attendance is bad enough that it would be justified to fire him for that alone.
  10. B

    Nolan Richardson's Most Amazing Trivia while we talk about TU coaches

    I played in a poker tournament in W. Siloam Springs right after Nolan got fired from Arkansas. There were several Hogs fans there. I asked them what they thought about the situation. It was pretty much unanimous that they loved Nolan and Frank Boyles was a racist.
  11. B

    Will Frank Haith Win Another Game As Tulsa Head Coach?

    Our talent is not that bad, but our team is. Thanks Frank.
  12. B

    Maybe no more haikus?

    There once was a basketball team That used to have final four dreams Now we have Frank And we're in the tank It'll go on forever, it seems.
  13. B

    Is it over…forever?

    I continue to torture myself by listening to or watching the games, and following this forum. But the main reason I come here anymore is to see if Haith as been fired yet.
  14. B

    USF game thread

    I found the game on ESPN+ and TU hasn't scored since I started watching. Am I a jinx? Should I turn off the TV?
On3

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Nine straight September Heisman favorites have flamed out. Is Jeremiah Smith next?
  2. 02 On3 Football Can Mike Norvell save his job at Florida State and does a road win at Louisville even matter?
  3. 03 On3 Football It may be now or never for Oklahoma coach Brent Venables, quarterback John Mateer
  4. 04 On3 ESPN shakes up Top 25 Power Rankings after Week 5 college football slate
  5. 05 On3 NIL Chris Holtmann took a lower salary in contract extension to help with DePaul's NIL, here's why