Recent content by BrainVision

  1. B

    Thank You For Your Hospitality, Clemson Cities

    For what it is worth, I think that this board has much more aggressive and antagonistic posters than the Iowa board.
  2. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    This is a good reminder that we should all be very careful about characterizing anybody as a "hero."
  3. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    Thank you for your sage guidance and education, Moogy. I hope that you are having a nice weekend.
  4. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    Okay, I think I am starting to see how this is political. Is the conservative culture warrior stance that insanity doesn’t exist and, therefore, not guilty by reason of insanity is wholly invalid? Or is it that insanity exists but it’s irrelevant to the pursuit of societal vengeance?
  5. B

    Lanterns debuts this evening

    The actress who plays Zoe Macon was my longtime neighbor. She was friendly enough, but her dog and mine did not get along at all.
  6. B

    49ers vs Rams

    As a fan of both teams, that went as I wanted it to go.
  7. B

    Restaurants that are straight trash yet are propped up by one menu item

    I have not been to any of these restaurants in at least 20 years, and I can not see myself going any time in the future.
  8. B

    Austrian woman died after husband drugged her for sex

    Those of us who aren't are the ones who worry me the most.
  9. B

    Austrian woman died after husband drugged her for sex

    The short answer is that people are powerfully skilled in blocking their innate empathy and justifying their dehumanizing of other people. Once they have dehumanized other people, psychologically there are few barriers to engaging in extreme cruelty. The old “fraud triangle” is still a useful...
  10. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    I have been on the Rivals boards for over 25 years, but, fair enough, if you prefer this style of interaction and are not inclined to honor my request, then I will place you on ignore. I wish you well!
  11. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    I would request that you not insult me, as I assure you that I will not be insulting you. That is not the style of interaction that I enjoy. Thank you. With regard to the death sentence, I do not support it for anyone, under any circumstances.
  12. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    I am sorry that you find my perspective on AI to be bad form. Have a nice evening!
  13. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    Different psychotic disorders have different peak age ranges for clinical incidence. For example, for brief psychotic disorder, the peak age range is mid-30s. Schizophrenia-spectrum disorders are more complicated, with men having a peak range from the late teens to mid-20s and women having a...
  14. B

    Mass. woman goes on trial over whether postpartum psychosis drove her to kill her 3 children

    Oh, I definitely do not consider their work to be AI slop; I consider AI slop to be AI slop. If somebody had posted AI slop that scraped and cited my published research, then I would also call it AI slop. I did not look closely at the author lists, but I am sure that they are doing solid work...
On3

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Bowl Projections Week 5: Full list of matchups, playoff predictions
  2. 02 On3 Football College football coaching carousel intel: Latest at Maryland, South Carolina
  3. 03 On3 Football College Football Rankings: AP Poll Top 25 after Week 4 released
  4. 04 On3 Football South Carolina HC Shane Beamer on job security after loss to Alabama: 'I don't know about national reports'
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma and Texas are in line to host the nation’s No. 1 running back